Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Newbie Becomes A Force To Be Reckoned With

amandaj4123
7 - Meteor

Success!  My 1st major WF!  It's not the prettiest, and it probably could be shorter with fewer tools, but it certainly works and is a successful output!  Thank you INSPIRE 2017 and  knowledgeable Alteryx Community for your assistance!

I would like to thank the academy and it's members....lol.

My 1st Major WF.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Way to go @amandaj4123, we love to hear this!

This workflow looks so orderly, I think you should start working on a submission for next year's zen workflow competition at #Inspire18

Keep up the good work!

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
BrianO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Awesome work, @amandaj4123! So glad to hear you're finding the community resources to be helpful.

We'd love to hear more about what this particular workflow does. We're always interested in hearing how people are using our product!

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

giphy-downsized (1).gif

Congrats @amandaj4123!

amandaj4123
7 - Meteor

@BrianO  I'm so glad you asked!  This WF audits data for bonus compensation eligibility.  A very sensitive subject, requiring 100% accuracy, with multiple criteria requirements, including "gray" areas.  

There are 31 formula configurations and 3 filters analyzing for accuracy and eligibility.  All data is outputted for visualization, tracking, and reporting; eligible data, ineligible data, "gray" data with exact discrepancy field location.

After "gray" data is audited/adjusted in the live system, the new report inputs into the WF, which effortlessly amends the records based on the new report, provides an updated output of data, inserts historical tracking, and allows for a success rate output from week to week.  Currently, the output is housed on a server and redirected to a Tableau Dashboard.  I don't even have to tell you how awesome the dashboard is with the transformation of data from the WF.  What more could you ask for?!  This WF will shave weeks off our audit prep!

I'm sure I'm not doing it justice with my explanation but, let me add, my final action will be to input the files using Box.com, adjust the Outputs to Tableau, and add a Scheduler.  I just got my day back, folks!  That's what it's all about!

amandaj4123
7 - Meteor

@LeahK  Perfect lol

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Awesome! I know that feeling, I am completing my first "more complex" workflow. :D

BrianO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Super cool. Thanks for sharing!

amandaj4123
7 - Meteor

@MarqueeCrew  Thank you for taking the time to WebEx with me, to discuss my WF and add value!  I really appreciate it!

Labels