Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Low Key Disappearance of Stars

myastarling
10 - Fireball

Have people noticed that Stars were low key replaced with Likes? I know it's to the same effect, but I kinda liked giving out stars...

kirby star.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@myastarling I starred liked this post.

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

I think the stars made this forum unique but now it just looks a poor mans facebook.

I say bring back the stars!!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

I'm with @LordNeilLord on this one.  I miss my stars

Dan

myastarling
10 - Fireball

'poor man's Facebook'  lol that is a brilliant description!

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

@danilang "make stars great again"?

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey all - thanks for the feedback! I know it will take some time to get used to, and I can totally understand the appreciation for stars and being different. In fact, I was actually the Project Manager that launched this community about 4 years ago and we had a fun time deciding what the team wanted to use for the "kudos" feature. 

That being said, our global audience provided us feedback that they misunderstood stars for something like "favorite" or "bookmarks" - which I can totally understand as I have this community starred in my browser as a bookmark. 

I do promise to keep making the Alteryx community different, unique, and fun while also ensuring the experience is as seamless as possible for all audiences. We will also be rolling out polls in the next release so that we can incorporate more community feedback on decisions, favorite assets/icons to use, naming conventions, etc.

Either way, thank you for sharing your feedback and being transparent. I'm the type of PM that always appreciates hearing both the positive and negative feedback as it helps us shape the future of the community. So thank you!

Related: you can learn about new releases by subscribing to the "improvements" label (top of the page here). 

Senior Manager, Community Platform + Operations at Alteryx

Labels