community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

community Lounge

Get to know your fellow analytics buffs and discuss a wide range of topics!
SOLVED

Introduce Yourself

Thanks @LeahK looking forward to being the tax dork of the community!

Meteoroid

Hello from over the pond. I am new to Alteryx which is used by another division in the company I work for.

There are many tools on the market. But each have their own advantages that can be applied to solving specific challenges or unmet needs.

Within the "magic quadrant for business intelligence and analytic platforms" I have used and am most familiar with applications in the leaders and visionaries quadrant.

Looking forward to experimenting and discovering more about Alteryx! 8)

Meteor

Hi folks,

I'm a quant working for a financial company in beautiful Des Moines, IA.  I mainly use alteryx for data prep and loading so that I can crunch it with R.  I have experience with other tools as well, SSIS, Informatica, etc, but I like how lightweight Alteryx is.

Chad

Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @plim and @chadanaber! We're glad to have you with us! If your looking to expand your skill-set the live training content is superb. I would also encourage you to take a swing at solving some of the weekly challenges. Last but not least, if you want to get involved in some thought provoking conversations, check out the Thursday Thought series.

@mholmes76 -- I am officially knighting you as the unofficial tax dork of our Community :)

Leah Knowles
Manager, Global Community Engagement
Alteryx

Atom

Hello All,

I am Raja, based in Wellington,NZ.

Spent most of the time on Data Modeling and ETL. Now, trying my hands in BI space. Would like to know more about Alteryx and how it can be used in the Financial sector.

Cheers

Raja

PS: Have registered for the Udacity course as well.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi, All!

My name is Laura, and I am part of the fifth cohort of the Data School at The Information Lab, where I am training to become an Alteryx and Tableau consultant. Most of my work so far involves data prep, but I am keen to learn as much as possible about all aspects of Alteryx.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @Rmani and @Laurap1228!  Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. We're glad you're here, and hope that you find the content and conversations useful!  Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Leah Knowles
Manager, Global Community Engagement
Alteryx

Atom

Hello My name is Chris and this is my first time using Alteryx. Trying to transition into a new career here at my work and would love to start at the very bottom and work my way up.. I've never been in analytics and never have worked with large amounts of data. Is there hope for me?

Atom

Hell'

My name is Chris and this is my first time using Alteryx. Trying to transition into a new career here at my work and would love to start at the very bottom and work my way up. I've never been in analytics and never have worked with large amounts of data. Would love to review some of the beginner training sessions and some live session. Please need guidance on where to start.

Thank you,

Chris FM

Hello Chris,

Welcome!  You'll find lots of training opportunities around you.  Here is a link that you might find helpful:  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/The-Self-Paced-Training-Program-is-now-part-...

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.