community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

community Lounge

Get to know your fellow analytics buffs and discuss a wide range of non-product related topics!
Annoucement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
SOLVED

Introduce Yourself

Director, Global Community
Director, Global Community

Welcome @tsnouffer @emkiely @tructo @Yogesh  - Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, we look forward to seeing more of you around the community!

@emkiely if you have not yet checked out our helpful online resources, it's a great place to get started. Product Training is also very useful and I highly recommend the Self Paced Training & Virtual Training: both free and can be done on your own time.

Don't hesitate to reach out to the community if you need help with anything specific!

Julie Hamel
Director, Global Community, Alteryx
Alteryx Partner

Hi Community!

I found this thread and thought it would be good to introduce myself as well. 

I'm Michel, a BI consultant at Kadenza based in the Netherlands. I normally work with Tableau and recently started to look at Alteryx. 

I created an account on the forum to learn more about Alteryx and get involved in the community. The past week i've been doing  the exercises found in the Self Paced Training & Virtual Training. Really enjoyed doing those and learned alot already. The exercises are challenging but with the help file and reading material provided definitely doable. 

In the future i will be helping out Kadenza clients with Alteryx and setting up workflows that will enable them to collect, intergrate and enrich their data from different sources via Alteryx. 

Looking forward to learn more!

Michel Kars
BI Consultant

Hi All,

Myself Ravi , with over 14 years into DWBI solutioning worked with Cognos BI,Tableau,Qlik View,Brio,Actuate,Busines Objects,Informatica, etc...and facinated with alteryx.

I need information about gettting certified with alteryx ...appreciate your leads on the same

Thanks,

Ravi Chinta

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi,

I've been around awhile but I neglected to fill this part in so here goes.

I'm a BI consultant and head of presales for Perfect Image in the UK and I've been using Alteryx since the beginning of 2015. My background is in business intelligence development and implementation using QlikView and Qlik Sense, and previously consulting on legacy systems such as Business Objects and Crystal Reports.

I was an ERP/Business Consultant for six years and prior to that I was buyer within the public sector.

On a daily basis I'm engaged with prospective clients, carrying out demos face to face or via Webex, speaking at events, doing webinars, all to get Alteryx out there and increase awareness of what is an unbelievable piece of software.

I now use Alteryx in my personal life for everything data related. Only socially though. I can stop any time...

Meteoroid

Hi everyone and happy Friday! 

I'm a project analyst at ADP building dashboards for desicion support.  

I've been working with Tableau for almost a year now and have begun getting into using Alteryx to prepare much better and faster datasources.  

I work mostly with Oracle and SQL Server tables with roots in Access and Excel pivot tables.  

Meteoroid

Hello,

My name is Sabih Khan. I run the data-driven policing initiative for my police department that is located on the northside of Chicago. I recently took on a few new projects to be able provide better and more up to date information for our commanders and administration through Tableau dashboards. Once beginning these projects, I quickly located some roadblocks and am hoping that Alteryx can help solve some of my data blending and prep issues. I need all the help I can get!

Community Manager
Community Manager

@MichelKars, @RaviChinta, @Sabih, @mceleavey, @MJ - We hope your experience in the community has been great so far!

I'd encourage everyone who was brave enough to introduce themselves here to get involved in the Thursday Thought series. We'd love to hear what you think...

Leah Knowles
Community Engagement Programs Manager
Alteryx

Hey y'all,

I am a tax director at PwC LLP specializing in state and local taxes.  Our firm is doing a lot in the data analytics space for our clients and we're being encouraged to adopt the tools that will help drive solutions for our clients.  I am new to this so consider this an old dog trying to learn new tricks.  Thanks in advance for your pity and sympathy.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @mholmes76!  You definitely came to the right place to learn new tricks :)  Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, and we look forward to seeing you around the Community! 

Leah Knowles
Community Engagement Programs Manager
Alteryx

I just saw your post and would like to know more about how your using Alteryx for this.  I am on a community driven public safety committee and feel the need for some data analytics/visulaization for the group in working with our police and community prosecutors.  Thanks for any directional advice.