community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

community Lounge

Get to know your fellow analytics buffs and discuss a wide range of topics!
#SANTALYTICS

Gather all 9 clues to complete the final Weekly Challenge on Dec 16!

Learn More

Introduce Yourself

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Some of you have been part of the vibrant Alteryx Community for years, and some of you may be new. Our team shared a bit about ourselves (Meet the Alteryx Community Team) and we'd love to get to know you, too!

Reply in this thread and let us know who you are, what you do, what expertise you have to share, what you may be looking for in this community, your hobbies.. anything you'd like.

We look forward to meeting you!

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Community!

I'm Andy, part of the Solutions Engineering team at Alteryx.  I'm based in the UK but work with customers and partners all over Europe.

I've been at Alteryx for nearly five months but have been working in the BI/Analytics space in a SE capacity for nearly ten years.  Before that I was an accountant for sixteen years so I've spent most of my working life in one spreadsheet or another.

Very much looking forward to assisting all our community users in the coming months...

Andy Cooper
Senior Solutions Engineer - EMEA
Alteryx
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi Julie,

Thanks for helping me to join the community.  I look forward to using the new community website and becoming a more active participant.

:) Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
Atom

Hi JulieH

It's really good to find this exellent tool, our company has recently gotten the general agency of alteryx in China.  We'll sell it to a lot of companies. 

I'm a presales of our company and mainly focus on selling Qlikview and now it will be Qlikview and alteryx, because alteryx and qlikview is really a perfect match.

However, I need to master this tool first before I could paint a beautiful picture for our customer.  

I hope it won't be to hard for me , expecially the big data stuff. 

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Happy to see you are up and running and wasted no time to start contributing @MarqueeCrew

@Jax, welcome to the community! There are many experts available to help, so don't hesitate to reach out in the Discussions area if you have questions while on your quest to mastering Alteryx :)

Hi Julie,

Thank you for starting this thread! I am a consultant from the Data School of the Information Lab, and will soon be going on client placements where I will be supporting and training individuals about self-service analytics. Previous to this, I did a masters in molecular plant sciences and was exposed to the power and beauty of R. It is really amazing how it has been integrated in Alteryx allowing the user to save time, instead of learning programming, and perform statistics tests required for example. In the last months I have expanded my data skills exponentially using both Alteryx and Tableau. I would like to get A LOT more practice with Alteryx, are there any blogs, exercises and/or books that you would recommend?

Cheers,

Alexandra

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome @alexandra_hanna!  Always fascinating to hear the diversity of backgrounds our community members have, thanks for sharing :)

Great question on resources. To keep this thread on topic, I've created a new one listing resources both for new users as well as several awesome blogs currently part of our blog roll, for the more advanced or curious! Check it out, and feel free to add any other recommendations on the new thread: Alteryx Resources: Training, blogs, books, exercises 

Alteryx Partner

Hi All,

That's a nice thread I wanted to contribute... I'm into advanced analytics for a couple of years now and got Alteryx in my radar in 2014!

• I have considerable experience in credit risk analytics and RWA optimisaiton. 
  • Worked as an analytics driven business consultant for top tier telecoms and banks in MENA region
  • Completed projects in credit risk, marketing and sales analytics.
  • I've done analytics business development for the last year with 1,4 mio USD sales and %140 overachivement
  • I'm looking forwart to become an integrator and reselling partner
  • I'm holding a masters in Industrial engineering and a Bsc. in Mechanical Eng.

Looking forward  to get more practice with Alteryx, Tableau and Hortonworks for in-database blending, predictive analytics and visualisations...

Best

Altan

Hello Alteryx Community,

My name is Kevin Capp and I'm CEO of CustomerSuccess.Pro. I've been using Alteryx to help my customers analyze their data and create insights that @ReduceChuRn. When I'm not parsing data, performing regression analysis and displaying the results in Tableau, I'm hanging with my family, playing golf or hunting with my dog. 

Highlighted
Asteroid
Asteroid

My name is Ken Black and I work as a Senior Analytics Researcher for General Motors in Roswell, GA.. I am honored to be a 2015 Alteryx ACE. If you want to know more about me, you can follow me on Twitter (@3danim8) or click here to read about me.

I write a blog dedicated to quantitative problem solving techniques using the combination of Alteryx and Tableau. This blog is called 3danim8's BlogI have written quite a few articles that demonstrate specific Alteryx techniques set into real-world workflows. Some of my articles are long, with multiple articles needed to demonstrate the complete solution to a problem. Other articles are short and are focused on specific Alteryx tools or topics.

I maintain a Tableau Public workbook that gives direct connections to all of my blog articles. This workbook can be viewed by clicking here.  The three figures shown below give a summary of the Alteryx articles that I have written. If you are interested in reading any of these articles, I'd recommend using the Tableau workbook to directly launch the articles or going directly to my blog.

I'd be happy to help anyone learn how to use Alteryx. In my opinion, Alteryx is the most innovative software package I have ever used. It is simply the best tool available for solving complex problems. 

P.S. If you like these types of articles, you can subscribe to my blog so that you receive an email any time I write something new.

Alteryx Blog Posts, Part 1

Alteryx_Blog_Posts2.jpg

Tableau Articles That Contain Alteryx Information

Ken Black
General Motors, Roswell, GA
https://3danim8.wordpress.com/