community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

community Lounge

Get to know your fellow analytics buffs and discuss a wide range of non-product related topics!
Announcement | Get certified today - take the Alteryx Designer Core and Advanced exams on-demand now!
SOLVED

Introduce Yourself

Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner
Nice follow through! Welcome to the club.
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
Meteoroid

Hi All,

My name is Anujay Mathur, and I am currently a part of the Analytics team at BookMyShow - India's largest entertainment ticketing portal.

As a part of the central Analytics team, we use Alteryx for variety of purposes - Customer Profiling, Forecasting, Price Optimization Models etc.

I have been using Alteryx for slightly more than a year, and have been introduced to benefits of Community recently at Inspire 2016.

Looking forward to a huge knowledge base, and peer support here.

Regards,

Anujay

Meteor

Hey Folks,

My name is Fi, and I'm from Sydney.  I work at a fairly large telco, and we're just starting out on our Alteryx journey. I've recently binned SAS in favour of Alteryx, because the company seems really easy to deal with by comparison, and it's easier for me not having to teach people how to code!

Next week we're kicking off our Alteryx Trailblazers program which consists of a small group of Tableau users who have been working around the gap of shaping their own data, and we're really excited to see how they go with connecting and bulding their own datasets.

I've found the journey from SAS to Alteryx pretty simple, although it seems like there is less content published about Alteryx than Tableau.. if anyone has any search tips to solve my own issues I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers

Fi

Hello People,

I am Prashant Kesrhi part of IBM Singapore team working on the biggest mobile banking initiative for different geographies.

I am 6+ years of IT experience working under TIBCO Software Inc. I have extensively implemented TIBCO Spotfire BI tool in various business domains and I have also explored other viz tool such as Tableau and Qlikview. I am here to learn and explore alteryx as I believe it has several pros over other above mentioned tools. I would be active on this community and look forward to learn from the peirs in-action in this community.

Prashant Keshri
Alteryx Enthusiast

Hi  @belanday

Welcome to Alteryx Community! We are glad to have you join us.  I am going to move your post over to our discussions section so that more volks get a chance to read and respond to it.

Original Post:

Hi Julie,

I'm new to Alteryx and the community.  I'm not even sure how to post anything yet.  I found this section and clicked on reply.

I build inventory optimization models and need a way to "massage" data for the input files and go from SQL Server on a network to SQL Server on my desktop.  My SQL Server skills are limited so I really like Alteryx so far.  Still getting used to how to approach problems but having fun so far.

I've gotten through the very basic tutorials and have successfully created several workflows.  :-)  One thing that has me totally stumped is trying to run multiple workflows in succession from a macro.  I have a process where I've built about 6 workflows and I'd like to kick them all off and let them run right after the other.  I think I use a macro but the documentation is really confusing!  What I want to do seems so simple and yet when I search for help the answers are more confusing than helpful.  Can you or somebody show me a really straightforward way to accomplish this?

Thanks for your help.

Hi, 

My name is Yohan and I work for Kaiser Permanente out in CA. My team recently got hold of Alteryx 2 months ago. I have been hooked onto it ever since. Being a SAS and SQL programmer, I never thought that I would ever like a tool that didnt let me program or code. But Alteryx proved me wrong. With the wide variety of tools and options that it houses, there hasnt been a single day where I haven't learned soemthing new. Glad to be here and looking forward to learn more.

Regards,

Yohan Plavartala
BI Analyst

Highlighted
Meteoroid

Hi there Alteryx community

I'm Ty Snouffer. I'm the Lead for Digital Engagement Analytics at McDonald's Corportation. I was introduced to Alteryxby some of the team members who use it for identifying restaurants locations. I use it, in conjunction with Tableau, to evaluate the performance of our digital properties. 

Thanks for having me!

Ty

Atom

Hi i am a project manager. I am new to Alteryx. I am not a techie person, but muddle my way through things. I am proficient with Microsoft Access. The transition to Alteryx i thought would be easy, but it has been a challenge for me.

Atom

Hi,

Recently completed a Master degree in Data Anlytic from Villanova, on top of 15 year IT career as a System Engineer.

Always been looking for a better way to do data, and may had found it in Alteryx.

Successfully convince management to approve  Alteryx purchased and currently building an Analytic platform (MS Azure +

Alteryx) to support our company Analytic community.

Looking forward to learn more.

Meteor

Hi

I am new to the Alteryx community. To introduce myself I am a qualified actuary and frequently using Alteryx for most of the data analysis and modelling work.