Welcome & Introductions

Get to know the people behind the avatar! Introduce yourself, welcome peers, build connections & extend your network.

Take a moment to introduce yourself to the Community. We'd love to get to know you!

Learn More

jamesthomas

jamesthomas
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Everyone!

I am James Thomas, working as a contributor to the Data & Analytics team of one of the Big4 Audit Firm.

I started with this tool as part of my job, and is really liking it - looking forward to learn, explore and grow with you!

1 REPLY 1
davechndr
9 - Comet

Hello @jamesthomas,

Good day to you!

I'm with Pricewaterhouse Coopers and a couple members of my team, here in Tampa, use Alteryx to help the large teams save lots of time and money with finding clients tax returns with errors. Our aim is to save 5 million hours in time and about $15 million dollars in client costs, per year!

I find Excel is good for calculations and graphs and finding values in big tables, via the Vlookup and Hlookup functions, but Alteryx is a good "middleman tool" between Excel, Access and about 30 other softwares' data tables (which can be input), and output data in many forms! As I'm proficient in Excel, Access and other computer programming languages (from when I used to do programming), Alteryx is just another tool that I felt was worth my time learning and getting my feet wet with over time!

All the best to you!

Regards,

@davechndr

Labels