community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

community Lounge

Get to know your fellow analytics buffs and discuss a wide range of topics!
SOLVED

Introduce Yourself

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @GarethLewisWAO

Welcome to Alteryx...you're about to have a whole lot of fun!

Feel free to ask any questions on here if you get stuck....there is an army of #alteryxaddicts just lined up ready to help solve your problems.

Inspire Europe will be taking place in London later on this year, you can find the details here: https://www.alteryx.com/inspire-europe-2018

There are a couple of Alteryx User Groups dotted around the country as well (none in Wales at the moment) but if you want to get involved check them out here:https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Europe-Middle-East-Africa/ct-p/EMEA

@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

Data Lover

Hi Lord Neill,

Thanks for the reply. That sounds cool, I'll have a look into the Inspire London thing! 

Cheers,

Gareth

Highlighted

Thanks Mark, 

I'm going to check it out!

Gareth

Meteoroid

Hello Everyone!

I am James Thomas, working as a contributor to the Data & Analytics team of one of the Big4 Audit Firm.

I started with this tool as part of my job, and is really liking it - looking forward to learn, explore and grow with you!

Comet

Hi Kevin!

I am Dave Chandra, from Tampa, currently working as a Tax Processor of PriceWaterHouse Coopers' Tampa office! Like you, I am new to Alteryx and am also an avid golfer!

I love dogs, even though my folks do not allow them and never have.

Welcome @dchandra to the Community!

Hope you find all you need here, and if not, we are ready to help..

Meteor

Ms. Hamel and the Altreyx Community at Large

My name is Tim Kalota and I'm Ford Motor Company employee supporting Ford's Fleet Business Management systems.

Our Global Data, Analytics and Insight group is deploying Altreyx, Tableau and Qlik-View company and wide and that's where I got my first introduction.

My primary objective is to make the jump from into all that this package has to offer by paralleling it with what I've done here in FBMS on other legacy platforms.

I look forward to interacting with the community for solutions, guidance, and providing input of my own!!

Tim Kalota

Asteroid

Hello Everyone,

I am Divyansh. I have done my masters in MIS and I love playing with data.

Meteor

HI All

I am Ramana Anantapur working for NSW deparment of planning as Data analyst.I  started using Alteryx to automate our data flow tasks which we used to load uing SSIS and also to integrate that data to Tableau dashboards.

I just love to play with data.

My other biggest love is with photography .. :)

I hope i get all required info about usage of alteryx

Hello, I currently work as the sole Data Warehouse ETL developer for our organization.   In the last few years, I have imported data for 333 million patient encounters for the last 10 years in our state and surrounding area.  We store ICD, CPT/HCPCS, revenue, and various grouper codes for each encounter.  We store data in a relational database format and then reload data each quarter into a dimensional database and a SQL Server Analysis Server cube. 

In the past, I have used SSIS with CozyRoc add-ons for ETL work. I am starting our first project using Alteryx Designer to assign a unique patient identifier for our encounters.  My first impression is that Alteryx must have some input from frustrated SSIS users and tried to remedy all our complaints.  I think Alteryx Designer will enable me to write ETL faster than in SSIS once I am up to speed.  

I have a broad background in the ERP implementation and CRM support.  I love reading the Alteryx use cases for users of business data.  My first cubes were used for financial reporting and budgeting. I went into BI work after I became intrigued by data mining courses with SQL Server.  I am thrilled that Alteryx is strong in predictive analytics.  

I am looking forward to learning more and grateful for the Alteryx community and learning resources.