Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Getting Started on the Alteryx Community

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Edited 7/26/18: This content is now available as a Knowledge Base article. You can find the most up to date version here: Getting Started on Community

Welcome to the Alteryx Community!

At Alteryx, we’re extremely passionate about empowering people to deliver deeper insights quickly with intuitive workflows. We created this space as a peer-to-peer support channel for those people to come together, to gain valuable insights from one another, collaborate, and innovate around Alteryx products.

We want your journey here to be as great as can be, so we have put together a short list to help you get quickly familiarized with the Alteryx Community. We hope you find it useful!

Do you have suggestions on how we can improve the community experience? Please don’t hesitate to share your ideas on Improve the Community Experience. We look forward to hearing from you!

9 REPLIES 9
DSAWYER
5 - Atom

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the warm welcome! Quick question! Can I find the getting started videos here or is that something within Alteryx itself?

Joe_Mako
12 - Quasar
DSAWYER
5 - Atom

Yes i am .... Thanks for the information!!! I really appreciate it.

DataBlender
11 - Bolide

This is a really basic question, but how do you respond to a user using the @ symbol?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@DataBlender the ability to mention people automatically unlocks at the asteroid level (your level is below your name). Here is a good post about it. If you want to do it manually, you would just need to get the person's name and userid and use the html tab to enter the below html. The userid can be found by hovering over someone's name and seeing what the digits are at the end. For example, I could mention you with the below html:

<li-user login="DataBlender" uid="5127"></li-user>
DataBlender
11 - Bolide

Thanks  @patrick_digan!

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Vivre sans Alteryx n’est pas proprement vivre!

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
adamp
7 - Meteor

This isn't coming up in my searching... just wondering about Stars and if there's any community etiquette? From what I can tell it's a kudo or a thumbs-up kind of thing?

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

That's a great question @adamp

I think most folks like to use the stars as a friendly acknowledgement (others may chime in)

I can tell you how I like to use them.  Firstly, if someone replies to a post to lend a hand to something I posted I like to give a star as a way to say thanks.  Additionally, if I'm reading through content and I find someone's post was helpful to me I like to give a star there.  Also, its fun to give stars to posts that you think are cool, creative, or generally neat and also to just give someone an acknowledgement. 

If you ever have any specific questions feel free to reach out to us. 

Thanks, and welcome!

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
Labels