Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Etiquette: Accepting your own solutions

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

What's acceptable in these situation?

I started a thread yesterday that has since had no solutions.  Since then I've worked on the problem and finally came up with a solution

Do I mark my solution as the accepted one.  One one hand, marking it as solved will help others with a tricky Excel-to-Alteryx problem.  On the other, I could see how this could easily be abused.

Thoughts?

Dan

3 REPLIES 3
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@danilang I would absolutely mark it as a solution to benefit others! 

If someone were to try and abuse the system, they would stick out pretty easily (and the moderators would handle the situation accordingly). I follow almost all of the posts and I can't come up with an example of somebody "over-accepting" their own solutions. This is one of the best communities out there!

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I agree with @patrick_digan.  Mark it.  But also will add:  If someone's post helped you to get there, throw them a solve bone too.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for posting this question to the community @danilang!

@patrick_digan and @MarqueeCrew hit the nail on the head. That's exactly the behavior we expect from our members. 

Go team!

go-team-simpsons.gif

Labels