Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Contest - 2020 Alter Everything Podcast theme music!

MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Deadline extended to Dec. 17!Deadline extended to Dec. 17!

Psst...

Attention all Alter Everything Podcast listeners and musical talents alike! We've opened up a search for new podcast theme music to feature in 2020.

Now, this announcement probably makes you feel one of two feelings:

Feeling 1: Immediate excitement that this is your true time to shine, a la Elle Woods in Legally Blonde

ME! - Legally Blonde GIF - Me LegallyBlonde ElleWoods GIFs

(Tenor - Legally Blonde)

Or,

Feeling 2: Intrigued yet unsure, like this shy gazelle at the San Diego Zoo

gazelle.gif

(Giphy - San Diego Zoo)

Whether you're an Elle Woods or a Shy Gazelle with untapped music talent, I want to hear from you!

Sit down with that keyboard that your brother always insists on playing at Christmas and create a little melody. Tune up that guitar that you like playing on the weekends, or let GarageBand guide you as you compose.

All you have to do is submit your 60-ish second .wav or .mp3 file to podcast@alteryx.com by December 17, 2019. Make sure it's an original piece with no vocals, and include your name in your email (so we can reassure you how talented you are).

Season 4 Keyboard GIF by Friends

(Giphy - Friends)

A handful of musically talented Community members I'd like to volunteer: @ADerbak@LordNeilLord@andyuttley@Ruud and @NJT (@NJT has already submitted a piece!)

And okay fine, if you really don't want to take this chance for glory, don't forget to give us your two cents on the podcast overall for your chance to win some swag.

P.S., don't forget you can listen to Alter Everything on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Soundcloud, and right here on Community.

Happy listening!

5 REPLIES 5
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

@MaddieJ 

I've got my studio set up and ready to rock!

20191109_191052.jpg

MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Well done, @LordNeilLord. Well done.

OlivierLP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Looking fwd to hear some music!

Regards,
Olivier
MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey podcast fans!

We extended the deadline for theme music submissions, so you now have until December 17 to email us a copy of your .wav or .mp3 file.

We've received so many AWESOME submissions so far and can't wait to hear more!

Phil_L57
7 - Meteor

@LordNeilLord I used my laptop keyboard to make MIDI notes for my track 🙂

Interestingly keys F and G actually correspond to F and G on a piano

Labels