Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer Expert Certification

david_fetters
11 - Bolide

It seems like Inspire 2018 is going to be the first opportunity we have to take the Expert certification.  Is there any additional information on the format or content of that exam?  I know there are some software certs out there that are only available a few times a year, and I don't want to miss the chance to pick up the final certification if it's only going to be offered on a limited basis.  I didn't sign up for the Expert exam session as part of the Inspire 2018 training package, but I'd switch into it immediately if it was going to be the only time to take it this year.

@LeahK any official or unofficial chatter on how Expert is going to work?

14 REPLIES 14
ElizabethB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@david_fetters

We're only offering the Expert exam at Inspire and Inspire Europe during 2018. Since you've already passed Core and Advanced I highly recommend that you sign up to take the Expert exam at Inspire! We'll be sending out more information soon about the content and the format of the exam to everyone who has registered. Looking forward to seeing you at Inspire! 

david_fetters
11 - Bolide

Thanks @ElizabethB, thought that might be the case so I appreciate you confirming it.  I'm sure there are a few others in the community who will be adjusting their registrations as I just did.

EDIT:  It looks like the training course list also mentions that there will be an Expert cert prep session that I don't see offered, is this a typo or something that was planned but dropped?

See below, from https://www.alteryx.com/inspire-2018-training

Capture.PNG

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

@david_fetters

The Expert Exam Prep class was there but it must have filled up.

My manager was registering us for the conference and I had asked for the expert exam preparation class.  When he got around to it he didn't see the class listed so he signed me up for the exam instead.  Imagine  my surprise when I  received the confirmation email!

Here's a blog that lays out some of the things to expect on the Expert exam:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Analytics-Blog/Announcing-the-Alteryx-Product-Certification-Program...

Best of luck and I'll see you there!

Ciao,
David

david_fetters
11 - Bolide

Yeesh, I hope it's not too heavy on connectors for subscription based services.  Otherwise i'm going to need to start seeing what sort of free trials Marketo and Salesforce offer to start messing around with them.  Thanks for the link, and i'll see you at Inspire.

ElizabethB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@david_fetters  The connectors for subscription services are awesome, but they won't be on the exam! :) 

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

We'll be sending out more information soon about the content and the format of the exam to everyone who has registered. Looking forward to seeing you at Inspire!  

@ElizabethB,  do you have an ETA on when we can expect the information about the exam?

Look forward to seeing y'all too.

Best,
David

ElizabethB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@David-Carnes, you'll be receiving the email on Monday! :) 

leesin
7 - Meteor

Hi @ElizabethB

I saw the Certification exam for expert level offered in the registration page. However, I am not able to go to the next page when I select the exam. ( I can go to the next page for payment if I do not select the exam.) Is the exam filled up? Or is there anything that I will need to do? 

Thanks. 

Best, 
Lee Sin Lim

ElizabethB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @leesin

There's still space for you to take the Expert Exam. I've notified the events team and they'll be reaching out to you to make sure you can get registered. Looking forward to meeting you at Inspire! 

Labels