Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Alteryx Designer Core Certification

MohammedAnsari
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have recently passed the Alteryx Designer Core Certification Exam and I am waiting for my certificate and badge to be issued ones the monthly cycle concludes.

However, I wanted to know few things about the certification that were not mentioned in the details.

#1 Does this certification has an expiration date associated with it?

#2 Will I be provided with a license number that I can show on my resume/ LinkedIn profile?

Suggestion: It would be nice to have a license number associated with the certificate so that Alteryx Associates like me can market our skills :).

Thanks,
Mohammed Ansari.

8 REPLIES 8
ydmuley
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hello @MohammedAnsari, please find the update as per below:

#1 Does this certification has an expiration date associated with it?

Alteryx team has not mentioned any expiry date as such on the license, however, one thing that is mentioned is the Alteryx Version in our case it would be 11. So, this will work like any other technical certificate, wherein imagine after 3-4 years if Alteryx 25 is the latest version, then you really cannot hold version 11 to valid (unless the other party is not aware) but anyways this is a good certificate to have.

#2 Will I be provided with a license number that I can show on my resume/ LinkedIn profile?

Unfortunately, there is no license number that has been provided by them and I think Alteryx team should definitely consider this and I believe a number of people have suggested the same. Better is to provide a link (Like EDX does that you can add to your LinkedIn Profile)

Hope this helps!

Thanks

ydmuley

Regards,
Yugandhar Muley (Yug)

Alteryx ACE | Alteryx For Good India Lead | Bengaluru Alteryx User Group Lead
MohammedAnsari
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks.

Philip
12 - Quasar

I second the link for adding to LinkedIn profiles!

ignas
8 - Asteroid

Hey

When did you receive the certificate after passing?

Michal
9 - Comet

At the beginning of the next month

MohammedAnsari
6 - Meteoroid

Apologies for delayed response. I guess you might have received the certificate by now.
It didn't take long, about a month.

komalbagrodia97
5 - Atom

Do we get the license to use Alteryx once we clear the core certification? Currently I am using the free trial version for 14 days.

davechndr
9 - Comet

Hi everyone!

I attempted the Alteryx Core Designer Exam a few times recently, and I have not yet passed this exam. I've taken it four times and have received scores of 59.3%51.7%63.2% and 65.5%.

I am struggling to be able to finish 80 questions in the 2 hours because I found that questions involving working with Excel/Alteryx take me (on average) 5-7 minutes to do/question. As a result when these kind of questions come near the end, and are weighted more (3 points) than the others (at 1 point each) I end up rushing/guessing to be able to not leave questions unanswered by the time the exam is up.

I understand the Alteryx material very well, though, given my inability to finish the test in-time, I wanted to inquire about how you would determine the right answers to anything involving the Unique tool in the quickest way. I refer more to questions which have the Input and Output tables, but ask how the tool was configured to reach the desired output?

Any suggestions that anyone could provide me within the next few days would be highly appreciated; I plan to re-attempt the exam next Friday, August 7th, 2020.

Thanks and take care,

@davechndr 

Labels