Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Alteryx Candidate requesting help wtih use-cases for Parsing and joining data

Glennzilla1
5 - Atom

Hello Alteryx Community!

I am a current job candidate for a role within Alteryx but have never used the tool before. Trying to watch lots of YouTube videos on use and starting the get the hang of things, but as they say the devil is in the details. 

Wondering if anyone has any tips for changing column data to headings (field headers) and adding other data elements (scores) to the bottom input?

I have used Parse and RegEx but can't seem to identify the correct syntax or if I'm even on the right track.

There is also a hint about Dynamic Rename, but haven't quite gotten there yet...

Any feedback or additional resources to investigate would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Glenn

3 REPLIES 3
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @Glennzilla1

You're on the right lines with Dynamic Rename ;) and you may want to lookup the union tool as well.

@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

Data Lover

BrianO
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Glenn,

Alteryx Academy is always a great place to start. Most of the lessons there are 5-8 minutes in length and should get you on the right track: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons?lessons=all 

Glennzilla1
5 - Atom

Thank you for the feedback and ideas. I really appreciate the help!

Labels