Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Alter Habits AYX App! Anyone in?

alyon
10 - Fireball

Hi All! 

I would like to build an App to Alter Habits. I'm looking to team up with some people to develop this app. I started thinking about this when I couldn't get MyFitnessPal to do everything I wanted, even with the Premium version. We say, "Alter Everything", I would like to build this app to support healthy habits. 

The problem: Achieving great health comes with great sacrifices, it takes time and effort to count calories, weigh food, calculating macros, and stick to it on a daily basis. More when people are just starting to build new healthy habits. 

To make this process easier and accomplish health goals, and build healthy habits, the process should be simplified and automated as much as possible.

Goal: An app that suggests what to eat and how much can be eaten while sticking to a user's health goals.

Known Challenge: 

• Connecting to MyFitnessPal's API and get access to their database of food and exercise. 

App Initial Ideal Functionality:

• Calculation of Macros and calorie goals dependent on time available to accomplish the main goal, taking into consideration current weight, and/or body fat percentage 

• MyFitnessPal main functionality of tracking daily calories depending on user input and selection of food consumed. 

• Automated calculation of Macros and remaining calories for consumption (dependent on user input of daily consumed food and calories burned by exercising). 

• New functionality- Provide a list of suggestions on what to eat, dependent on available calories and macros. Only specific quantities and foods that fit the criteria will be listed.
    • Ideally, a user can select its favorite foods and these will be listed first.

• Other functionality - Schedule end of day report providing analytics on daily achievement and about how the user is performing in regards to the health goal. As a project manager, is the user on track to meet the set goals on time?   

Thoughts?!

I'm super excited to get this started! 

Best, 

Alejandra Lyon

5 REPLIES 5
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@alyon why didn't you mention this!? Haha This is an awesome idea 🙂 let me know if you still want help. 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
MKosmicki
8 - Asteroid

Great idea! Unfortunately I'm useless as an app developer...but I'd be happy to test it for you when it's ready. 😄

alyon
10 - Fireball

@joshuaburkhow - Glad you're interested in helping! I got started, let's connect to tell you more where I am stuck right now.  😃

alyon
10 - Fireball

Thank you @MKosmicki ! Sounds great, thank you so much for being willing to test it! I think the MVP should be completed within the next 8 weeks. Moving slow due to lack of time but it's already moving. 

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Perfect ping me and we can setup time next week

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Labels