Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Comments
JesusER
8 - Asteroid

Having the same issue as @Emil_Martensson (null numeric values automatically converted to 0's instead of keeping them as null). Has there been any updates on this? Thanks!

dbmurray
8 - Asteroid

@JesusER @Emil_Martensson I think that error might be to do with the rules of the Tableau Hyper API - I don't think it allows you to store a value as 'null' if its numeric/bool. You'll have to use string unforunately and deal with it in Tableau. 

elsastark
9 - Comet

Is there a way for this tool to recognize who on Alteryx Gallery is running the workflow and use their credentials to authenticate and publish to Tableau Server? Just because the Alteryx developer had access to publish to Tableau doesn't mean the person who shared the Alteryx workflow would have the same access. 

barcris
5 - Atom

You can test the 1.2.0 Beta version.

dbmurray
8 - Asteroid

@elsastark I have this EXACT problem as well. Tool works fine locally, won't work on gallery. 

@barcris Where is this 1.2.0 beta version?!

barcris
5 - Atom

@dbmurray

You can download from the following link, but you must log in with the alteryx user account, or if you wish I can send you a message, as it does not allow me to attach.

https://pilotprogram.alteryx.com/project/version/item.html?cap=d1c54af34d834ba684cd6c18eb2dc80b&arti...

kgmeagher
5 - Atom

Regarding this Tableau Output tool, I've tried the link above to the Tableau Help page, and it says Access Denied. Anyone else getting this? I'd like to understand some of the configuration options, for example, the Data Source Metainfo TDS file - what are some use cases of why this option would be used and how you use it. Thank you.

eccl318
7 - Meteor

@elsastark 

We created a "universal" credential set and publish most workflows using those (rather than individual user credentials).  At the time of publication, you have to select that set of credentials rather than what you might be using in the local workflow.  This allows analytical apps to run regardless of who signs in and also keeps scheduled workflows from breaking as individuals come and go.  We did the same with the Tableau tokens.

lheckman
5 - Atom

Having an issue with v1.2. The output tool creates a temp folder, but looks like it tries to make the same folder twice, resulting in a "FileExistsError" which stops the flow.

dbmurray
8 - Asteroid

I'm having an issue with this tool where persistent crashing occurs if I try use it inside a tool container. Enabling the container after it being disable will hang alteryx. Trying to move it out of the container will cause the same thing. 

This tool is very handy, I just wish it wasn't so error prone.