Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
GabrielCM
7 - Meteor

This tool has a bug in newer versions.
I adjusted the script in R at line 337.

• After: fit_stat <- summary (this_model)
  • Now: fit_stat <- accuracy(this_model)

and at line 626

• After: fit_stat <- summary (the.model)
  • Now: fit_stat <- accuracy(the.model)
mj89
6 - Meteoroid

THANK YOU for finding this. I was wondering why this macro suddenly stopped working when I updated to 2022.3 version of the Designer and R tools. Doing as you described above changing those two lines fixed the issue.

For those getting a "WriteYXDBStreaming" error try doing this. 

Watsa
8 - Asteroid

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! It works again. I just want to add a few step for a basic user like me.

1. Right click on the TS Model Factory tool. 

2. Open Macro

3. On R tool, update two lines posted above.

james_doohan
5 - Atom

Sorry I am not very experienced with scripts. Can you provide an example of what to change? 

Watsa
8 - Asteroid

Hi @jam1 

1. right click on the TS Model Factory tool and open the macro

2. update the script in R tool in the following lines. (I copied the whole code and paste into a text editor. Replace the value in line 337 and 626

3. Save. Go back to your workflow, the macro will be updated automatically.

Line 337.

• Before: fit_stat <- summary (this_model)
    After: fit_stat <- accuracy(this_model)

Line 626

• Before: fit_stat <- summary (this_model)
    After: fit_stat <- accuracy(this_model)
james_doohan
5 - Atom

Thank you. It's still throwing an error so just verify:

Line 337 currently has: fit_stat <- print(summary(this_model))

I am replacing that text with: fit_stat <- accuracy(this_model)

Line 626 currently has: fit.stat <- print(summary(the.model))

I am replacing that text with: fit_stat <- accuracy(this_model)

Watsa
8 - Asteroid

@james_doohan 
This is what I have on my script and it works. Mine does not have print(). The last screenshot below was the error before I changed the script. 

Watsa_2-1676486393193.png

Watsa_1-1676486364789.png

Watsa_3-1676486573794.png

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/SOLVED-TS-Model-Factory-Error-after-up...

aesekody
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to do a time series forecast, and my ARIMA model is running the forecast from 2007 to 2100. my data spans from 2007 to 2023. I don't know what I am doing wrong

mj89
6 - Meteoroid

@aesekody

A few things I would check in case of an unexpected result that have helped me:

1. Make sure your incoming data's frequency matches your forecast frequency (i.e. for yearly forecast you want to roll your incoming data up to annual level before passing it through the forecasting macro, etc.). Additionally, make sure incoming data is sorted in chronological order. You may want to also use a TS Filler tool to fill in missing periods in your data with zeroes before passing data through this macro. 

2. Check the macro's settings to ensure all are correct. Time period type should match your data's frequency. Series starting point is a good idea to use; just make sure you have correct setting or will get a wrong result. This TS Model Factory's macro's object output (O) should be linked to the TS Forecast Factory's "M" input anchor. In TS Forecast Factory make sure desired number of future forecast periods is correct.

3. If you are still getting an unexpected result after trying above two points, put a Filter tool after the TS Forecast Factory's output to filter out the undesired periods. In the back-end this macro's models are trained on historical data; you may get some training data included in your forecast unless you filter.  I recommend writing the filter to be any period greater than where your current data ends if you are not interested in seeing training periods for the model. That will ensure only forecasts are displayed in the output. The training periods are useful when checking accuracy of the model itself.

I hope that helps!

aesekody
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much for your help. I retired after quite a few hours on this, and I believe the solution lies within the really good suggestions I have got on here. I will definitely feedback the results of this exercise. Thanks

ndehghani
7 - Meteor

Hi,

How can I download TS Forecast Factory as well?

ndehghani
7 - Meteor

The tool is so helpful, would you please help on how to use multiple grouping field? right now I am just able to group it based on just one field? 

mj89
6 - Meteoroid

@ndehghani you can download the TS Forecast Factory from this link: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Community-Gallery/TS-Forecast-Factory/ta-p/878748