Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
PJM
5 - Atom

To use this connector you need 2 sets of credentials; User ID/PW and the Client ID/PW.

The Client ID/PW require special privileges in ServiceNow that allow you to register an Application Endpoint. Without it you can not connect.

The next best method is to use Powershell and connect via api. Create a standard API call with a json result and load that into Alteryx.

GabrielaGarcia98
5 - Atom

Hello all

I have been trying to use this tool with the advance options to filter the column that I want to use for specific tables. The service now documentation says I need to use the column labels in a comma separated list which I have tried with the results expected. The problem is when I tried to filter the sys_id using the Label "Sys ID" as in the service now tables says is the Label name and only get the error "Please enter correct field names. Displaying all fields data for the table".  I tried a lot of different options to filter the sys_id written in other ways but get the same message and applying the filters is importante becasuse I need to make a lot of unions from different tables to recreate a report. 

Kindly help me to solve this problem & let me know in case if there is any other solution is present.

Thanks & Regards,
Gabriela Garcia

GabrielaGarcia98_0-1657311801520.png

GabrielaGarcia98_1-1657311953302.pngGabrielaGarcia98_2-1657311971462.png

GabrielaGarcia98_3-1657312204350.png

tishalampkins
5 - Atom

I have just installed this tool. I am getting an error when trying to pull the data, "Connection to platform was not successful." I can view the tables. I've added in the Field Labels (Our Service Now Administrator provided the labels and field names) with commas between each, and left the rest of the info blank.

Our internal ServiceNow Administrator has checked my user's permissions, and has even proxied as that user in Postman and is able to query the data.

Can anyone help me with this error, or let me know what else could be the issue?

PJM
5 - Atom

Please post the error

SergioR
5 - Atom

I am having the same issue where in I am using the correct column (not field) names and it ends up saying the names are incorrect and defaults to all fields.  I have also tried the download tool with the api provided (which also connects in Postman) but I cannot connect.  ughh

maximebds
5 - Atom

hello

same issue 

Info: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: Running at a Low Priority.
Info: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: This is AMP Engine; running 8 worker threads; memory limit 5366.0 MB.
Info: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: The following tool ids are using an e1 compatibility layer with 1 conversion point(s): 1
Info: Designer x64: The Designer x64 reported: Running at a Low Priority.
Info: ServiceNow Input (1): Plugin initialized.
Error: ServiceNow Input (1): Connection to platform was not successful.
End: Designer x64: Finished running New Workflow1.yxmd in 2.6 seconds with 1 error

luk
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, I just installed this tool, but I can't select table after login.  My account has admin privilege in ServiceNOW.  Alteryx version is 2021.2.1.35394.   Does anyone know why?  Thank you

luk_0-1661843980318.png

Renfree
6 - Meteoroid

Experiencing the exact same issue as luk above

TonyAdam
8 - Asteroid

Same for me :(

luk
6 - Meteoroid

I found that admin privilege is required to select table.

TonyAdam
8 - Asteroid

That is good to know @luk, unfortunately I cannot fulfill that requirement. I made the API calls manually using the download tool and that works as well...

Renfree
6 - Meteoroid

My ServiceNow administrator was able to solve the issue of tables not appearing by adjusting the accounts roles, I am now having an issue trying to pull data from these tables however - the error I receive is:

Info: ServiceNow Input (1): Plugin initialized.
Error: ServiceNow Input (1): Malformed PAC file (RangeError: register limit (line 875)
src\pyduktape.c:875
duk_js_compiler.c:1376)

My goal is just to see if any data can be pulled and viewed via this connection

Renfree_0-1662989099173.png

fed_
7 - Meteor

Hello @Renfree , I'm facing the same issue of not being able to select tables unless admin: can you give more details on how your SNow admin adjusted permission to make it work?
Thanks a lot! 

PJM
5 - Atom

Extracting data from ServiceNow using connectors is an ongoing issue for all. Unless you purchase commercial drives it both problematic and tedious to get data out of ServiceNow.

Overcoming these restrictions centers on recursive/batch calls and the best approach that I've been able to execute is a Python/jupyter notebook that require only the api url and standard user credentials with ITIL access.

Several Python Libraries exist to support data extraction from ServiceNow and hide the recursive/batch burden when pulling back large datasets

A more basic approach that manually implements the recursive approach is https://davidmac.pro/posts/2021-07-02-sn-bulk-export/

Working through the ServiceNow API has performance limitations including record (<10k/batch) and other datapacket size limits. I've experienced10-20k records per minute for the incident and user tables.

Coupling any one of these with the https://help.alteryx.com/20221/designer/python-tool or the https://alteryx.github.io/ayx-python-sdk/index.html you can run the notebook inside of Alteryx and read the results from a python dataframe in the rest of your workflow.

tbezold
7 - Meteor

The ServiceNow input tool only seems to work when leaving the sysparm_fields parameter blank.  I receive the following error when trying to list columns in this parameter.  Is there a fix for this?

Error: ServiceNow Input (113): Request forbidden -- authorization will not help.

sys_parm_fields.png

Susan_Zhang
5 - Atom

I connect to servicenow successfully, and wtih below settings, why i still got error? 
Error: ServiceNow Input (1): Connection to platform was not successful.

Thanks

Susan_Zhang_0-1684201057583.png

tbezold
7 - Meteor

After testing the new version, it appears to be much more functional now 😊

I’m trying to figure out why the Fields setting is being stubborn and not providing a place to enter any.

Selecting the filter icon (arrowed below in red) displays two options:  All and Selected – yet both options appear to have the same effect.  Both options appear to deliver identical results, containing every field available for the selected table (i.e., sys_user, cmdb_ci, etc.)

tbezold_0-1686155555859.png

tbezold_1-1686155555861.png

Could this be related to the red display message seen below?  To my surprise, the input tool still provides results despite this message.

tbezold_0-1686155851802.png

ivan_cancino
5 - Atom

Hi, anyone experiencing issues when trying to pull all data of around 150k rows but the output is only around 5k? This happens when you try to add more columns to the query.

niklas_greilinger
9 - Comet

@tbezold i am seeing the same behaviour. Unfortunately i would really like to be able to select fields in the connector (to save time :D) Connecting via API is giving us some trouble too. Some records just randomly disappear and reappear when i run the workflow multiple times.

Anyone facing a similar issue?

tbezold
7 - Meteor

@niklas_greilinger I appreciate the confirmation from someone else's end 😀

We have had to resort to using custom API strings in order select the needed columns.

T_alman
5 - Atom

What are the account permissions needed in ServiceNow?

I cannot grant long-term admin permissions to a service account.

ivan_cancino
5 - Atom

Is this compatible with Alteryx Server 2023.1?

mjewett
5 - Atom

Any time I try using this module it comes back with "Error: ServiceNow Input (1): Internal error: Failed to read port assignment" and "Error: ServiceNow Input (1): Internal Error - Deadlock detected (@1)" has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am on Alteryx Designer 2023.1.1.247.

Blake_E
7 - Meteor

@tbezold if you have not already resolved your field filter issue, I got a good response from Alteryx Support.   sys_db_object is the table the ServiceNow tool queries to get the table names you can use in the tool and sys_dictionary is the one the tool uses to list the fields on each table (getting access to this for our API user resolved the field filter function)