Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
tkong
7 - Meteor

Hi IraWatt, thanks for posting such a useful tool.  May we have some instructions on how to use it?  (are there specific settings in the Resolve File Type to use)

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @tkong thanks for the support. I've updated the tool now it has an installer and has an example workflow to see how to use it.  

tkong
7 - Meteor

Thanks @IraWatt , nice clean tool!

RyanMaxwell
5 - Atom

Good afternoon-

I have tried this tool and it successfully reads the first page in my PDF file, but there are a varying number of pages in the file each time the workflow will be read.  Is there something I am missing for this to be able to read multiple pages in the same PDF file?

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

mehul64
5 - Atom

Hi 

When using the PDF Reader Tool I get following error.  What am I doing wrong?

Error: Read in PDF Macro (21): Record #1: Tool #1: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\xbbl63l\AppData\Local\Temp\Engine_7456_0afc20b470d2451d8b2205c863d64f17_\5cbb4f3dfef06d6b1a23edbcc4364560\workbook.py", line 18, in <module>
pdfReader = PyPDF2.PdfFileReader(pdfFileObj)
File "C:\Users\xbbl63l\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\PyPDF2\_reader.py", line 1974, in __init__
deprecation_with_replacement("PdfFileReader", "PdfReader", "3.0.0")
File "C:\Users\xbbl63l\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\PyPDF2\_utils.py", line 369, in deprecation_with_replacement
deprecation(DEPR_MSG_HAPPENED.format(old_name, removed_in, new_name))
File "C:\Users\xbbl63l\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\PyPDF2\_utils.py", line 351, in deprecation
raise DeprecationError(msg)
PyPDF2.errors.DeprecationError: PdfFileReader is deprecated and was removed in PyPDF2 3.0.0. Use PdfReader instead.

sparksun
11 - Bolide

I got the same error message:

Error: Read in PDF Macro (1): Record #1: Tool #1: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\Engine_14128_05e1b91b86b84666884f2a65e54cfa51_\ae1e474b9392a048514a42c74ef794bb\workbook.py", line 18, in <module>
pdfReader = PyPDF2.PdfFileReader(pdfFileObj)
File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\PyPDF2\_reader.py", line 1974, in __init__
deprecation_with_replacement("PdfFileReader", "PdfReader", "3.0.0")
File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\PyPDF2\_utils.py", line 369, in deprecation_with_replacement
deprecation(DEPR_MSG_HAPPENED.format(old_name, removed_in, new_name))
File "C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python38\site-packages\PyPDF2\_utils.py", line 351, in deprecation
raise DeprecationError(msg)
PyPDF2.errors.DeprecationError: PdfFileReader is deprecated and was removed in PyPDF2 3.0.0. Use PdfReader instead.