Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
marie_martin331
5 - Atom

I've downloaded this tool and it doesn't show all the files that I have access to when I try to find it within "Google Sheet Input". Specifically, I'm looking for a google sheet that I have access to and it doesn't appear in the dropdown for Google. Could you assist me here?

Thanks!

Marie

Blurryface619
5 - Atom

I'm seeing the files in my private folder but not the files in my shared folder. Is there a way to access them?

pdamani
5 - Atom

I've installed the latest version of Designer. Every time I try to connect in order to configure the tool, Alteryx freezes and crashes. Does anyone else experience this or know what could be causing this?

jbigler
5 - Atom

Hi @pdamani.  After I upgraded to Alteryx Designer 2022.1 the Google Sheets Output tool stopped working for me.  Here is how I described it to Alteryx Support:

When attempting to configure the Google Sheets Output tool, I am presented with the "Connect" button. When I click this, a medium-sized window pops up very briefly (I assume that this is an attempt to load the Google OAuth screen), but then immediately disappears.

I have Case# 00546518 open with Support which they have acknowledged, but have not really done any analysis of yet. 

mkosmicki1
8 - Asteroid

I just received the following error: "Warning: Google Sheets Input (68): There is no Question corresponding to the specified App/Macro value "version". The App/Macro may be out of date." 

I checked and it doesn't appear the macro has been updated.

Also, the Macro is requiring me to refresh my credentials every time I open the WF. I have 17 Google sheets and it takes 30 minutes each time I open the workflow to update every connector with credentials and tokens that haven't expired. I don't have this issue with my GA data connectors...only the G Sheets.

Is there something else I need to do for the oAuth and Token to persist?

-Michelle

jbigler
5 - Atom

Hi Michelle,

I don't know if this might fix your issue, but I would suggest double-checking that you have the last version (3.0.0) of the Google Sheets Input tool.   I was having some issues which were resolved when I upgraded from 2.0.0 to 3.0.0.  You can right-click on the tool, and view the version number there.  

jbigler_0-1655920945397.png

mollynistler
5 - Atom

I've downloaded this tool numerous times. When the download finishes, I am still unable to choose Google Sheets as my file or database when I want to input data. Please advise!

NikBarter
8 - Asteroid

I can see some files, but not all the files in our Google Drive - is there a permission problem perhaps - I've unlocked all the sheets and unhidden everything, but still not showing - is there any tips?

wildflower
8 - Asteroid

Folks should be aware there is an acknowledged defect with Google Sheets v.3.0.0: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Google-Sheets-Connector-V3-0-401-Un...

Just here to share what I encountered trying to install Alteryx9Version 2022.1.1) with Google Sheets(deprecated version). It is a multi-step installation process:
1.) Install Alteryx Designer
2. Download Google Sheet Tools from Community: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Community-Gallery/Google-Sheets-Tools-deprecated/ta-p/877888 
3.) Install tools (in your downloads, double click to open Designer and an "Install" pop up window will display)