Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
Naomi_I
8 - Asteroid

I keep getting an error when trying to set up the Box Input tool saying that my Excel file is not a valid Excel file type. I'm using a simple .xlsx file with 3 columns and 1 row of data as a test. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a restriction on the specific kind of .xlsx file this works on?

Naomi_J_0-1667882140272.png

PhilipB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Naomi, you'll need to go to the Options tab and select an Excel sheet also.

imakosov
7 - Meteor

Same trouble with Box output. Can't get the Box output to write yxdb

imakosov_0-1673032463168.png

imakosov_1-1673032532420.png

Persistant1205
5 - Atom

I am having a similar issue with workflows that have been running great until today.   Yesterday was a was my last successful run, and this is the result. 

Persistant1205_0-1675951317419.png

Why are my historic .yxdb files no longer recognized as .yxdb files?

They were written by Alteryx so not sure what has changed.  

Please let me know if anyone knows how to fix this.

EJenkins
5 - Atom

Can this tool be used to create a table in Alteryx of file names, file path, dates, etc. that are stored in Box?

imakosov
7 - Meteor

To create a table in Alteryx of file names, file path, dates, etc. that are stored in Box you could use Directory Tool.

In the Directory box enter the path to the Box folder you want to list files. Leave File Specification as *.*
Run the 
workflow. If you like the result, you can use Output Data Tool to write to the file of your choice.

imakosov_0-1677624596182.png

imakosov
7 - Meteor

These are known issues with Box Connector that are expected to be corrected in soon to be released Box 2.5.1 

• With Box Output, multiple data types (e.g., Date) result in error when writing to .yxdb
  • If Null values exist in an XLSX file, Box Input cannot read the file and throws an error.
  • Intermittent errors Invalid access token and Cryptography module after syncing the Box DCM credentials.