Welcome to the Gallery. Please feel free to post and comment, and check out our FAQ!

Community Gallery

Post, download, and share all of your favorite tools and workflows — from Alteryx supported to user-built.
Introducing Alteryx Marketplace

Easily access verified, supported, and secure Add-Ons.

LEARN MORE
Comments
ananthtony
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for this awesome macro. I am trying to use this macro for migrating workflows from one environment to another. I am struggling to make the POST API to work which is used to import packages to target environment. ("/admin/v1/workflows"). This API takes input as multipart form data and I am not able to figure out how to send that information using this tool, please provide an example. Appreciate your help.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ananthtony , I have not been able to figure out multipart form data to date using the normal download tool.  

ananthtony
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks patrick for the reply.

Laszlo_D
8 - Asteroid

Hi @patrick_digan ,

Thank you for creating this macro and sharing with us. Great tool!

I have an issue though and I'm hoping you can figure out how to solve it. I am trying to download workflows from the gallery and save them in local files to analyze the tools that are used within them.
The macro itself do it's job as expected, nothing wrong there. However, the blob output tool generates files like this:

Laszlo_D_0-1649206846051.png

Do you have an idea what is wrong here? How could I get the files humanly readable?

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Laszlo_D great to hear! What file type are you saving the blob as? I would try a .yxzp, I think that's the extension the gallery generally uses

Laszlo_D
8 - Asteroid

It doesn't matter what filetype I choose. It is always the same. I tried xml, yxzp, yxmd, csv. 

Have you tried doing what I am doing? Did you not have this issue?

Laszlo_D
8 - Asteroid

Solved! It was that my workflows are saved as yxwz, that is zipped package. I had to unzip them and there they were my workflows!  

PengASU
5 - Atom

Hi there,

what version of Alteryx this need to be to unzip the file? it saying its my version is too old, and i am using 2020.2

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@PengASU Hello! I used 2021.2.

Matt19
7 - Meteor

Love the tool! We had a workflow that was running quite successfully up until our upgrade from 2021.2 to 2022.1 recently. Now I seem to be getting 401 Unauthorized errors on any call I make. I confirmed my Key and Secret are correct through the Swagger Interface, all calls work there (V1, V2 and V3). Is anyone aware of any changes I need to make to the Macro to get it working with a server 2021.4 and newer? 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Matt19 22.1+ now uses Oauth2 (pre 21.4 used Oauth1.0a). I've just added Oauth2 as an option yesterday. Try downloading the latest version of the tool and that should work for you. Note that the URL from 21.2 will be slightly different from the URL needed for 22.1 (the switch from Oauth1.0a to Oauth2 uses a slightly different URL base).

Matt19
7 - Meteor

@patrick_digan - Thanks for the response, I'll take a look, appreciate all your hard work on this!

prasannaraut
7 - Meteor

@patrick_digan Thanks for creating this macro! I had developed a workflow leveraging this macro but after a recent upgrade from 2021.4 to 2022.1 it stopped working. I tried the most recent version of your macro which has the Oauth2 option, but I keep getting the 401 Unauthorized error. The V1,V2 endpoints work when I test on Swagger so I think the key/secret should not be an issue. Any idea on why I keep getting this error? Thanks!

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@prasannaraut huh, if you can get the swagger to work, I agree that it's not a key/secret issue. And I assume you're copying the url straight from swagger as well? I'm curious whether you're actually getting a token in alteryx, but that would require debugging/tweaking the macro.

prasannaraut
7 - Meteor

@patrick_digan I tried pasting from swagger which uses "http://localhost/webapi/user/v2/workflows/{appId}/jobs" as well as what used to work before - "http://localhost/gallery/api/user/v2/workflows/{appId}/jobs/" . To see if the token is being generated, I added an output from the Oauth2 macro. Looking at the output, the "Authorization" field has value "Bearer" - which I think is supposed to be something like "Bearer <tokenvalue>", so maybe the token is not being generated.

prasannaraut_0-1677174655706.png

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@prasannaraut I see, thanks for the details! I had mistakenly assumed that the base url would have .com in it. I've updated the Oauth2 macro to work with localhost as well. You'll want to use the URL from swagger "http://localhost/webapi/user/v2/workflows/{appId}/jobs"

prasannaraut
7 - Meteor

Thanks @patrick_digan! Its working now, appreciate all your hard work on putting this macro out :)

superjesse
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_digan  Hello Patrick. I stumbled across your API tool and I'm trying to get it to work. Your previous one worked for me in the past, but we upgraded to 2022.1 and now I'm trying your newer one. I cannot get it to work though. It should be as simple as the API and Proper Key and Secret right?

superjesse_2-1683924790311.png

superjesse_1-1683924735577.png

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@superjesse It should be that simple. What's the error that you're getting?

The server admin may need to ensure the correct URL is loaded into the Web API Address in the server system settings (I'm on 21.4 but it should be the same). You'll have to copy it letter for letter. We use aliases for our servers, so we had to enter the alias into the web api address. 

patrick_digan_0-1684151987595.png

One thing you can check is the swagger docs to see if you can add your key/secret there and get anything to return. https://mycompany.com/webapi//swagger/ui/index#!

superjesse
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_digan Thank you for the response. I'm the admin so I verified we had the WEB API address on the gallery. Yes, my key and secret work in swagger.

I get the 401 Unauthorized error.

superjesse_2-1684157476251.png

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@superjesse  thanks for the info! In order to get the Token as part of Oauth2, I'm assuming your URL is of the format https://server.domain.com/webapi/..... or //localhost/webapi... . I'm using regex and looking specifically for .com or localhost. Perhaps this is where the issue is occurring for you? 

superjesse
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_digan Hello Patrick again. I dug into the macro and focused on the Oauth2 piece. I was able to get a 200 success when I just enter the base gallery URL. Your formula adds /webapi/oauth2/token and its successful with that URL.  I tried more specific API formats, and it errors when I try an API (for example: v3/workflows).

superjesse_0-1684165212680.png

superjesse
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_digan Hello Patrick. Our domain doesn't end with .com.   It ends with .media.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@superjesse I see, I updated the Oauth2 macro to hopefully work with all domains. You can re-download and check it out. Instead of looking for localhost or .com, I'm looking for the first single / so that I can build the correct token url. For example, https://server.domain.xyz/webapi/v1/workflows/subscription will use a token url of https://server.domain.xyz/webapi/oauth2/token. It will fail if somebody changes out the webapi part for something else. 

superjesse
8 - Asteroid

@patrick_digan Yes, that worked. Thank you!!!

vijaysuryav93
7 - Meteor

Hi Team, I have a master workflow triggering 3 consequent workflows using this macro - Is there a way that I could kill the jobs that got triggered ?

Jon-Knepper
8 - Asteroid

I have been looking around, but have not found a good answer.  Do you happen to know how to set the priority of the job and how the URL is structured do send it through the macro?

kravi2010
5 - Atom

Hi 

I need to run altery wf with api oauth2.0 using macro, the sample you provided not showing me option to select oauth method.Look like it is for oauth 1.0.

Can you provide me appropriate macro.