Now that it's live, don't forget to accept your certification badge on Credly today! Learn more here.
We are currently experiencing an issue with Email verification at this time and working towards a solution. Should you encounter this issue, please click on the "Send Verification Button" a second time and the request should go through. If the issue still persists for you, please email support@alteryx.com for assistance.

Community Beta Program

Welcome to the Community Beta Program. We're excited to start sharing some of the fun stuff we've been cooking up in the community lab!

Recommendation Engine Widget

TreyW
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your interest in providing feedback or reporting issues with our new Recommendation Engine widget. 

What is the Recommendation Engine?

The Recommendation Engine is the brainchild of some folks on our Data Science team. Combined with the big brains on our community platform team, we've created a widget that will recommend content that may be of interest to you. 

Who can see the Recommendation Engine? 

Now - all community users have their own personalized version of the Recommendation Engine widget. However, only you can see what your own personal recommendations are. 

What types of content does the widget suggest?

I am glad you asked! The recommendation engine is currently serving up the following content types: 

• Alteryx Community Resources
  • Learning Paths
  • Interactive Lessons
  • Videos
  • Weekly Challenge
  • Exam-Prep
  • Alteryx Designer Knowledge Base
  • Alteryx Server Knowledge Base
  • Alteryx Connect Knowledge Base
  • Alteryx Promote Knowledge Base
  • Alteryx Analytics Hub Knowledge Base
  • Location Data Knowledge Base
  • Analytics Blog
  • Engine Works Blog
  • Alter.Nation Blog
  • Data Science Blog
  • Alter Everything Podcast
  • Data Science Mixer Podcast
  • AFG Resources
  • ADAPT Program
  • Alteryx Use Cases

How often is new content suggested to me? 

The algorithm is updated every night, so you should see new content approximately every 24 hours. 

Where Can I Give Feedback or Report issues?

For any bugs, requests, or feedback you may have, please start a new topic in this board. Feel free to share your feedback on the widget, the recommendations, the UI, etc. You can also leave feedback by replying to this thread. 

If you would like to provide your feedback privately to the community team, feel free to PM @TreyW

Enjoy!

Trey

Senior Manager, Platform + Operations

Get Started | Submit a Community Idea | AFG Program

12 REPLIES 12
Emil_Kos
16 - Nebula

Hi @TreyW,

Not sure if this was mentioned on the call but can you explain where those recommendations will be visible? Maybe I can actually see it but I am not sure where to find them 😀

There will be one page that would show me all current recommendations or it will be visible only for the part that I am viewing? So if I am in the designer sections I would see recommendations for that section only? 

TreyW
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @Emil_Kos  yes it will be on the landing page right underneath the carousel. You should have access as of Friday, please let me know if that's not the case and I'll take a second look at your settings!

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 3.17.36 PM.png

Emil_Kos
16 - Nebula

Hi @TreyW,

I see it now. From 6 Articles I would read one. The one about job searching. 
For me, it looks cool and it is clean.

The only problem for me is I rarely visit this page: 

https://community.alteryx.com/?category.id=external

I am visiting the Discussion section and occasionally other parts of the community. It would be better to show it in the notification feed as well?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/notificationfeed/page

It is cool functionality and it would be a waste if people wouldn't use it because it will be hard to access it. 

Emil_Kos_0-1614855855882.png

Emil_Kos_1-1614855901948.png

TreyW
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thanks @Emil_Kos  - I agree with you. And many people come in through SEO as well so we've discussed creating a right rail component that could surface this content, but would be less visual (and keep it in both places). I've also considered adding it to the profile page so you can go visit whenever you want. Thoughts on either of those? 

Emil_Kos
16 - Nebula

Hi @TreyW

I would suggest adding it in the notification page but it would be great if other people would also share their opinion.

clinton_regan

Hey @Emil_Kos ,

Clint here from the data science team.  Thank you for you feedback!  For a V1, I consider 1 out of 6 articles to be a win on our end 🙂  Totally agree with you that visibility on other pages may be better than the homepage.  Stay tuned for improvements and feel free to reach out if you have any other suggestions!

Emil_Kos
16 - Nebula

Hi @clinton_regan,

I totally agree with you. I would also agree that we should take it into consideration as a a win 🙂 

If I will have any new feedback I will definitely let you know!

atcodedog05
20 - Arcturus

Hi @TreyW 

I was just attending one of Alteryx User groups event today. And it just struck my mind wouldn't it be amazing if recommendation pane can show upcoming events of user subscribed user groups. 

Lot of event happens and lot of us miss out on it because we are not aware its happening. It would be great if we can see upcoming events in the recommendation pane so that we can signup and attend them.

I would personally find it super helpful 🙂

clinton_regan

Love this idea!! I will see if we can roll this out ASAP! Thank you for your thoughtful feedback.