Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

ALTERYX WORKFLOW GETS STUCK AT 50% JOIN

ikeoneh
6 - Meteoroid

Hey guys, this is my second topic on alteryx and the first topic got solved (cheers). However, after successfully importing the data into alteryx, i am trying to carry out a join operation between the primary data (32 million lines) and the secondary data (1.3billion lines). The alteryx gets stuck at 50% JOIN and i am not able t decipher the cause. I checked the community for silmilar issues but i have not been able to fix it. Help please

2 REPLIES 2
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @ikeoneh 

I am sorry to see you have not received a reply. This is a discussion board around the Community Beta. To received help surrounding Designer, i would recommend posting in the Designer Discussion Board:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/bd-p/designer-discussions 

There could be a few causes of your Alteryx getting stuck at 50% on a join, however i would suspect this is a memory issue. With the size of your data, you may need more ram in your machine, or look at something like Alteryx Server to undertake this work.

Additionally, a Cartesian Join might be your problem, in that your data is being multiplied. I would recommend using sample tools to decrease the number of rows you are processing, to ensure your join is joining as expected.

As this post is a couple months old, do let me know if you are still facing this issue. Happy to run through it with you further.

Cheers,

TheOC

Bulien
SonaliBabar
8 - Asteroid

In Addition to @TheOC's comment, please also make sure that your Alteryx directory and workflow location, both should be on your local system.

Sometimes, I have seen that people are having there User folder on an organization's network path and alteryx is installed and located in user directory which is on the network or/and workflow is kept on a network. In such cases also Alteryx becomes slow and stuck while executing the workflow.

@ikeoneh please let us know if your issue is resolved and what was the root cause.

Thanks!

Labels