Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

ALTERYX WORKFLOW GETS STUCK AT 50% JOIN

ikeoneh
6 - Meteoroid

Hey guys, this is my second topic on alteryx and the first topic got solved (cheers). However, after successfully importing the data into alteryx, i am trying to carry out a join operation between the primary data (32 million lines) and the secondary data (1.3billion lines). The alteryx gets stuck at 50% JOIN and i am not able t decipher the cause. I checked the community for silmilar issues but i have not been able to fix it. Help please

2 REPLIES 2
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @ikeoneh 

I am sorry to see you have not received a reply. This is a discussion board around the Community Beta. To received help surrounding Designer, i would recommend posting in the Designer Discussion Board:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/bd-p/designer-discussions 

There could be a few causes of your Alteryx getting stuck at 50% on a join, however i would suspect this is a memory issue. With the size of your data, you may need more ram in your machine, or look at something like Alteryx Server to undertake this work.

Additionally, a Cartesian Join might be your problem, in that your data is being multiplied. I would recommend using sample tools to decrease the number of rows you are processing, to ensure your join is joining as expected.

As this post is a couple months old, do let me know if you are still facing this issue. Happy to run through it with you further.

Cheers,

TheOC

Bulien
SonaliBabar
8 - Asteroid

In Addition to @TheOC's comment, please also make sure that your Alteryx directory and workflow location, both should be on your local system.

Sometimes, I have seen that people are having there User folder on an organization's network path and alteryx is installed and located in user directory which is on the network or/and workflow is kept on a network. In such cases also Alteryx becomes slow and stuck while executing the workflow.

@ikeoneh please let us know if your issue is resolved and what was the root cause.

Thanks!

Labels