Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Columbus, OH

Welcome to the Columbus User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Welcome! To the Columbus User Group! Come Say Hi!

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello, User Group Members! Please take a moment by answering the questions below to introduce yourself to the Columbus User Group Community. Once again welcome!

1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from?
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
  3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most?

17 REPLIES 17
AndyT_9976
5 - Atom

Hi everyone - great to see that Columbus is starting up a users group.  I've been using Alteryx for about four months and it's been a great experience so far.

To answer Lauren's questions:

1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from? - My name is Andy Tompkins and I work in Marketing Analytics in the Financial Services sector.
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? - I saw Batman v. Superman with my oldest son last week.  OVerall it was a good movie but it tried to do too much in setting up future franchise films.
  3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most? - The Join Multiple represents me most - I spend most of my day trying to stitch together datasets from across lines of business that don't like to share data.
JustinJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello everyone glad to join this user group

1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from? - My name is Justin Jones, I am a Solutions Engineer with Alteryx, and I hail from Canton, OH
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? - Zootopia (Yes I have a 7 year old daughter)... I thought it was a cute kid movie with some funny moments that adults can appreciate as well 
  3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most? I am not at liberty to discuss the tool that represents me the most, because it hasn't been released yet. I will update my post once version 10,5 is offically released.
Justin Jones
Solutions Engineer
Alteryx
rehgan
5 - Atom

Hi Everyone! Excited for this group to kick off. I use Alteryx almost everyday at work and am always looking to see what fancy tricks people are coming up with to make my life easier!

1. My name is Rehgan and I hail from the marketing analytics industry.
  2. I actually cannot remember the last time I went to the movies.
  3. The Run Command Tool because it is allows for the user to tap into tools outside of Alteryx (other than R).
mpollock
5 - Atom

Hi everyone!  

I am also excited to see a group here in Columbus!  Sucks we had to postpone the meeting today, but I hope everyone can stay healthy.

My name is Mike Pollock and I work in the sales and use tax department with direct experiences in quick serve food (Chipotle) and now retail (Big Lots).  I have 2 kids under 2.5 years old, so the movies we go to are in our living room via Red Box!  We just saw Ford vs. Ferrari and loved it - great movie based on a true story that I had no information on prior to viewing.  As for what tool represents me, I considered the Formula tool due to my love for Excel formulas, but Union fits me most because i love bringing various groups or people together and finding the common interests, goals, etc.

Cheers to 2020 and the new Columbus Alteryx User Group!

RifferX
8 - Asteroid

Although I work remotely in Jax Beach, just wanted to say hi and appreciate the group. Alteryx is a fantastic and powerful tool that I continue to learn more about. 

melissa66ritts
5 - Atom

HI Everyone. 

I'm just starting my dive into Alteryx, but I love what it can do and how quickly it can do it! I look forward to participating and learning with this group! 🙂 

Have a great Friday!

mseidman
5 - Atom

Happy Friday!

My name is Melanie Seidman and I work in accounting for NiSource (Columbia Gas). I've been using Alteryx for about 3 months now and have found a ton of use cases for my team. Our main focus for utilizing Atleryx is figuring out how we can standardize our processes across business units.

Looking forward to hearing how other industries are leveraging the tool!

kwl88
5 - Atom
Melanie-

That sounds great!

Always exciting to hear what others are doing with AlterYX!

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Kurt
Crichardson
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Everyone,

1. My name is Carla Richardson I from CCB 
  2. I think the last movie was .. I'm not sure . : ) may be the Harley Quinn Movie
  3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most?  All of it ! i am new to it all but find all information fascinating