Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Columbus, OH

Welcome to the Columbus User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

User Group - Time to meet again?

Cimmel
7 - Meteor

Good afternoon C-Bus Alteryx users:

I am hitting my 1 year anniversary of being an Alteryx user and it has been nearly a year since the user group last met.  Is there interest in meeting again and getting into a quarterly meeting cadence? I would love to host but work remotely and my living room would be a tight fit.  I am happy to help coordinate logistics including food for lunch meetings if there is interest, we just need a host location and also users who are interested in presenting and/or coordinating presentation topics.  

Some potential topics off the top of my head:

Getting started  - what were your first wins

Alteryx and BI Platforms - how is your organization leveraging Alteryx to work with Tableau/Qlik/Power BI

Alteryx Server and Gallery - best practices and challenges

Alteryx Training - how does your company onboard new users?

Building an Analytics Culture - successes, challenges, overcoming obstacles

Of course, we can also get into spatial, predictive and other more technical topics as well, but I would like to see that we keep a broad range of topics from beginner to advanced so that everyone has the opportunity learn, grow and share.

Thanks,

Cara Immel

10 REPLIES 10
rblackwe
6 - Meteoroid
Honeywell Internal

Would it be possible to meet in public space? How many people come to this?

Robert Blackwell
Cimmel
7 - Meteor
Robert -

The last meeting there were at least 20 people. The challenge with public spaces is the lack of projector or large screen for presentation.

Cara
Cara Immel
EVP Analytics and Audit

MOBILE: 614.327.8331
MAIN: 877.628.5300
SUPPORT: 866.303.2895
cimmel@xceligent.com
BUILDING DATA. EVERYWHERE. | http://www.xceligent.com
rblackwe
6 - Meteoroid
Honeywell Internal

I have both a projector and a large screen.

Robert Blackwell
TatianaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Cimmel and @rblackwe,

Thank you for reaching out. I've sent the message notification along to our current leaders. If you are interested in planning the next meeting, I'd be happy to jump on a call with you and our current leadership. Let's get a meeting going for Q4. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Tatiana

Tatiana Servin
Content Marketing
Alteryx
rblackwe
6 - Meteoroid
Honeywell Internal

Hi TatianaS,

I'll join you as the agenda is planned. I'm at 480-592-5448.

Bob
rblackwe
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Cimmel and @TatianaS,

The Main Columbus Library has Meeting Room 3A that will accommodate 24 people and has a projector.

The late days of availability are Mon thru Thu and it looks like the first available week of late days is 11/27.

Would just need to settle on a date and time. Any preference?

Bob

TatianaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for finding available space, @rblackwe Let's book the Main Columbus Library if you agree @Cimmel. Should we perhaps aim for the first week of December to avoid holidays? We have traditionally held the meetings around lunch 11:00-1:30, but we can definitely change it up if you'd like. Looking forward to connecting!

@rehgan, sounds like we have a meeting in the works!

Tatiana Servin
Content Marketing
Alteryx
jmuetzel
6 - Meteoroid
Can't wait, looking forward to it.
rblackwe
6 - Meteoroid
Honeywell Internal

I have reserved the Columbus Main Library Meeting Room 3A for Dec 5, 2017 10:45AM to 1:45PM.

Since I'm new to the group, I'll leave it to others to provide the agenda and reminder for this event.

Robert Blackwell