Cloud Quests

Elevate your workflow skills by solving real-world challenges using the Alteryx Analytics Cloud Platform.

Cloud Quest #1: Preparing Delimited Data

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Academy_Quests_Banner_1050 x 300 (1050 x 200 px) (1).png

Hi Maveryx,

Welcome to your very first Cloud Quest! This initiative is a thrilling journey into the world of the Alteryx Analytics Cloud, and we are kicking things off with a focus on Alteryx Designer Cloud. These new quests are not only tests of your skills but also opportunities to delve deeper into the practical uses of Designer Cloud in handling real-world data issues.

In the world of data processing, text files often include quotes, which are commonly used to manage strings. This can pose a unique challenge for extract, transform, and load (ETL) programs due to the presence of multiple character types.

In this quest, you have a CSV file containing two rows of concatenated data that include double quotes, single quotes, and commas, which enclose different data types. Use Designer Cloud to separate the data into three different columns: Poem, Poem ID, and Poem Read Date. Refer to the image below to see how your solution should look.

Screenshot 2024-02-20 180459.png

Spoiler
Hint: A combination of Formula, Text to Columns, and Select tools should be suffice to solve your problem!

If you find yourself struggling with any of the tasks, feel free to explore these interactive lessons in Maveryx Academy for guidance:

Once you have completed this quest, capture a screenshot of your finalized workflow in Designer Cloud and attach the image of your solution to a comment on this post.

Here’s to a successful quest!

SOLUTION

AYX-Maveryx_Micro Identity-Maveryx Academy_wordmark.png

52 REPLIES 52
bradshaw
Alteryx
Alteryx

This should do it!

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 2.57.25 pm.png
andrewgu
Alteryx
Alteryx

What a surprise to see a new category for cloud! Solved during the weekly challenge hour in Australia, using only brushing suggestions!

nwaters
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Very glad to see Cloud Quests on here :-). Here is my solution offering ...
2024-02-09_10-55-16.png

SylviaP

Hey everyone!

Just a heads-up!

In order to be automatically assigned badges, you need to upload a screenshot of the solution. We can perfectly check the solution by looking at your spoiler images, but unfortunately, for the badges, the system requires an attachment (it recognizes an attachment, but not a spoiler).

You have the option to easily edit your post and include an image attachment. 😊

Thank you!

Sylvia
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Super excited for these quests! I used a few more tools than most of these posts, but I went through it in my head like how I use this weekly challenge (#2) in trainings.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-02-12 133701.png

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
NodToNothing
5 - Atom

Hmm....it didn't actually say to format the data as a date and int that I noticed, so as a previous dev who knows better than to add where it's not asked for without asking first, I didn't, although that's easy enough with a select and datetime tool at the end as needed. I do realize that internal ' and " might be an issue with my solution although I also followed the rule, "Know Thy Data".

Spoiler
Challenge 1.JPG

biancang
8 - Asteroid

Things are in new places but the tools feel the same!

Cloud Quest 1.PNG

Shelbey
Alteryx
Alteryx

Screenshot_quest_1.png

SGolnik
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I love the idea of these Quests!!! 

Spoiler
Quest_1.png
serranoX
Alteryx
Alteryx

quest_1_serranoX.png

1st Cloud Quest Completed. Could be done by Regex with less steps. Here i'm using Data Cleansing tools and Date Custom Formats.