Cloud Quests

Elevate your workflow skills by solving real-world challenges using the Alteryx Analytics Cloud Platform.

Cloud Quest #2: Consumer Purchase Aggregation

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Academy_Quests_Banner.png

Hi Maveryx,

Thanks for submitting your solutions for our first official Cloud Quest! In the video solution we posted, Alteryx Chief Evangelist, Joshua Burkhow (@joshuaburkhow) will guide you through the workflow (scroll down the page to locate the video).

Thank you, Josh, for the exceptional guidance!

For this week’s quest, you are taking on the role of a restaurant manager. You want to review customer purchase behavior to decide whether your restaurant should offer a meal deal that would add a side and drink to a pizza or burger purchase. To make this decision, you need to study recent transactions to determine the potential impact it could have.

The Point of Sale dataset includes the ticket-level information, and the two lookup tables categorize items into higher-level food types.

Your task is to determine the percentage of orders since July 1, 2013, that include the Food category (Pizza or Burger) paired with a Side AND Drink. To accomplish this, you need to determine the total number of orders placed within the specified timeframe and identify those that meet the criteria for the potential meal deal you are considering for your menu.

Hint 1: Remember to combine the dataset with the lookup tables and filter by date.

Hint 2: Remember to account for dates after June 30, 2013 to include July 1, 2013 in the output.

Your final result should look like the following image:

Output.png

Spoiler
Hint: A combination of Join, Filter, Summarize, Cross Tab, Append Columns, and Summarize tools should solve your problem, not necessarily in this sequence.

If you find yourself struggling with any of the tasks, feel free to explore these interactive lessons in Maveryx Academy for guidance:

Once you have completed this quest, capture a screenshot of your finalized workflow in Designer Cloud and attach the image of your solution to a comment on this post.

Here’s to a successful quest!

SOLUTION

We want to hear from you!

As we introduce our Cloud Quests for the first time, we value your input. Share your thoughts on the clarity of instructions, the provided dataset, the expected output, and any suggestions to enhance your experience.

Thank you!

AYX-Maveryx_Micro Identity-Maveryx Academy_wordmark.png

41 REPLIES 41
andrewgu
Alteryx
Alteryx

Solved during the AU-Syd weekly challenge hour!

This one was surprisingly a tricky one, especially with restructuring/counting the data to account for meals.

bradshaw
Alteryx
Alteryx

There's an AU-Syd weekly challenge hour!?

AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My solution!

Spoiler
screenshot 2024-02-23 184505.png

I saw this challenge as Weekly challenge #8.

Ladarthure
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Satisfying to build using the new interface. Love the cross tab function to only show specific columns, it removes the pain of having to have a select just afterward!

Spoiler
Capture d'écran 2024-02-23 113758.png

FlorianC
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler
Designer Cloud workflowDesigner Cloud workflow
Florian Carrier
Strategic Solution Consultant
Alteryx
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Just a heads up, ">=" is available if you convert your column to a Date!

Quest 2 Answer.png

Spoiler
Quest 2 Workflow.png
biancang
8 - Asteroid

A familiar looking challenge ... 😁

Spoiler
Cloud Quest 2.PNG
teddim
Alteryx
Alteryx
Spoiler

ayx-quest2.png

This is how I solved it. The rounding threw me off a bit, but I figured it out.

nwaters
Alteryx
Alteryx

Cloud Quest 2 solution offering

Spoiler
2024-02-26_13-15-48.png
RWvanLeeuwen
11 - Bolide

Not sure why we have this [Other] category all of a sudden... It does not fit the criterium, does it?

Here's my take

Spoiler
Quest2.png