Cloud Quests

Elevate your workflow skills by solving real-world challenges using the Alteryx Analytics Cloud Platform.

Cloud Quest #1: Preparing Delimited Data

AYXAcademy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Academy_Quests_Banner_1050 x 300 (1050 x 200 px) (1).png

Hi Maveryx,

Welcome to your very first Cloud Quest! This initiative is a thrilling journey into the world of the Alteryx Analytics Cloud, and we are kicking things off with a focus on Alteryx Designer Cloud. These new quests are not only tests of your skills but also opportunities to delve deeper into the practical uses of Designer Cloud in handling real-world data issues.

In the world of data processing, text files often include quotes, which are commonly used to manage strings. This can pose a unique challenge for extract, transform, and load (ETL) programs due to the presence of multiple character types.

In this quest, you have a CSV file containing two rows of concatenated data that include double quotes, single quotes, and commas, which enclose different data types. Use Designer Cloud to separate the data into three different columns: Poem, Poem ID, and Poem Read Date. Refer to the image below to see how your solution should look.

Screenshot 2024-02-20 180459.png

Spoiler
Hint: A combination of Formula, Text to Columns, and Select tools should be suffice to solve your problem!

If you find yourself struggling with any of the tasks, feel free to explore these interactive lessons in Maveryx Academy for guidance:

Once you have completed this quest, capture a screenshot of your finalized workflow in Designer Cloud and attach the image of your solution to a comment on this post.

Here’s to a successful quest!

SOLUTION

AYX-Maveryx_Micro Identity-Maveryx Academy_wordmark.png

52 REPLIES 52
JoachimCaronTIL
8 - Asteroid

Here is my solution.

The datetime Tool did not work in my case. I had to replace abbreviated month name by full month name to parse the date.

That's great to have challenges for Alteryx Cloud :)

Spoiler
Spoiler
SolutionQuest 1 JC.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Come late

Spoiler
Quest 1.png
kelvin_law1
9 - Comet

Here is my solution using Regex:

Spoiler
Quest1.png
Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I have absolutely no idea why but the DateTimeParse function didn't work for me, neither did the DateTime tool.

Spoiler
Capture d’écran 2024-03-01 à 21.43.07.png

MelvinA
Alteryx
Alteryx

I finished my first Cloud Quest and excited for the next one 🙂

Spoiler
Cloud Quest Complete!Cloud Quest Complete!

LynnPätzold
8 - Asteroid

Nice simple first one :)

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-03-04 114302.png

AlexG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hooray for cloud challenges! 

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2024-03-08 at 8.35.47 AM.png
Bren_Spill
11 - Bolide
Spoiler

Quest1.PNG

The_Rad_Valentina
8 - Asteroid

Very nice into to Cloud. 

Spoiler
Screenshot 2024-03-12 144359.png
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

My 2nd experience with Cloud! It's like learning Alteryx all over again. So fun!

Spoiler
image.png
Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/