Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Cleveland-Akron, OH

Welcome to the Cleveland-Akron User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Welcome to the Cleveland-Akron, OH Alteryx User Group!

ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hello, User Group Members!  Please take a moment to answer the questions below to introduce yourself to the Cleveland-Akron, OH Alteryx User Group Community. Once again welcome!

1. What is your name and industry you work in?
  2. What are your favorite weekend activities?
  3. How do you currently use Alteryx?
  4. What areas would you like to grow in?
8 REPLIES 8
ggruccio
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Excited to get this group started, so I'll go first!

1. My name is Gary Gruccio and I am the Manager of Market Analytics at Signet Jewelers - Real Estate Department.

2. My favorite weekend activities all involve family (cross-country meets, going to church, and watching the Indians, Browns, and Cavs!!!)

3, Geospatial/trade area analytics and data prep for Tableau dashboards.

4. I'd like to learn more about Macros and Analytical Apps.

jbrandl
6 - Meteoroid

Jeff Brandl: Specialty Retail

Favorite weekend activities are watching the Browns and hanging with my family.

I use Alteryx primarily for highly complex data blending process, simulation and predictive modeling.

R programming/modeling 

mehtavb
5 - Atom

My name is Vik Mehta. I am the managing principal at eMoksha Consulting, a boutique data science and machine learning consulting firm on West side of Cleveland. Favorite weekend activities are spending time with my two kids, catching up on reading and playing tennis. We are using alteryx for data preparation and shaping data for variable creation for predictive modeling and also for combining data from multiple data sources. Look forward to connecting with other users in the area.

jlett
5 - Atom

My name is Jim Lett and I work in the Merchandising department for Signet Jewelers as the Director of Analytics and BI

Favorite weekend activities are watching/playing sports, activites with the kiddos, and chillin

Primarily use alteryx for datablending and prep

Predictive

gpersons
5 - Atom

1. My name is Greg Persons and I am a Market Planner at Signet Jewelers - Real Estate Department.

2. My favorite weekend activities are hanging out with family/friends and spending time outside in nature (walking the dog)

3, Geospatial/trade area analytics and data prep and blending.

4. I'd like to learn more about the Predictive tools and building Macros

Brian32
8 - Asteroid

My name is Brian Smith and I am a Financial Analyst in the Real Estate Dept of Signet Jewelers

I enjoy being active in fitness and building things/construction

Data Blending and Data Prep for Tableau Dashboards

Macro Building

ddavis216
6 - Meteoroid

1. My name is Donny Davis and I am a Market Planner at Signet Jewelers - Real Estate Department.

2. My favorite weekend activities are highly contingent on our four seasons, but generally include travelling, camping, and socializing.

3. I use Alteryx for spatial analytics, data prep and blending, demographic analysis, and geocoding.

4. I'd like to learn more about Predictive, Time-Series, and Data Investigation.

JakePaz
5 - Atom

1. Jacob Pazitka, Application Systems Analyst,  FFR Merchandising

2. Cookouts and bonfires with family and friends

3. We are brand new with Alteryx, planning to use it for data integration and cleansing projects

4. The entire product