Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Chicago, IL

Welcome to the Chicago User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

User Group Meetings

KimberK
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello! Have we ever talked about Livestreaming/recording our User Group Meetings? This is something a few other groups do and they find it to be beneficial for members to join in if they can not attend in person. For example, the Indianapolis User Group Meeting is this Friday and they have the option to livestream.

Would love to see if this is something we can start doing at the Chicago user groups!

Thanks!!

4 REPLIES 4
kaylakurtzpd
7 - Meteor

Hey @KimberK,

I will check with the ladies in charge, but I think that is a great idea going forward, especially for our members that have a hard time getting downtown!

NPT
8 - Asteroid

Hi @KimberK and @kaylakurtzpd,

I regularly attend the Chicago User Group meetings.  I have an iPhone Gimbal and tripod for live streaming.  I'd be happy to stream the next meeting.

~ Nathan

TaraCroninTWiG
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,  

I'm just joining this group.  Is there a regular schedule for meetings?

Thanks,

Tara Cronin

eokunevich
7 - Meteor

Good Afternoon Tara 

Welcome to the Chicago User Group! 

We do have quarterly meetings, usually downtown Chicago and after work one day.  During Q4, we usually do something a little less formal at a local Pub, sort of a holiday mixer/networking event.  In the past we have done it at Rock Bottom on Grand Ave, we are planning on doing something similar this year and will have more information very soon. 

For the rest of the year we rotate between our members who very generously host us.  Usually downtown, since that is where most of our members are located.  Again, we hold them after work since that is when most people can attend.  The Q1 meeting will probably happen in February after things settle down from the Holiday season.  

I hope that helps and I look forward to meeting you in person!

Eric Okunevich