Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Charlotte, NC

Welcome to the Charlotte User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

User Group Meetings Restart! Input Needed!

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi All,

My name is Joshua Burkhow and I have been working with Lauren Uyeno at Alteryx to get this UG back up and running! We need your valuable feedback to make this stick and work for as many people as possible. I am the leading two other groups as well so I have seen groups go from 5 or 6 to more than 80 people at a UG. We can make this happen, just need to be consistent. I have a couple questions below. You can answer by replying or you can email me at jburkhow@prokarma.com . Feel free to give me your opinion on what would make this UG exceed your expections! 

Q1 - What is the best location for you to attend a User Group? 

Q2 - What are 3 things that are reasons why you would or do attend an Alteryx User Group? 

Q3 - What are the best times for you to attend the UG during the week?

Q4 - What topics would you like to see covered? 

All the best! 

Joshua

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
19 REPLIES 19
rdalley
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Joshua,

Here's my 2 cents:

Q1 - What is the best location for you to attend a User Group? South and West of the city of Charlotte and near the freeway corridors (I-77, I-485)

Q2 - What are 3 things that are reasons why you would or do attend an Alteryx User Group? Learning Alteryx features and use cases within the group, and networking.

Q3 - What are the best times for you to attend the UG during the week? Lunch time would be preferable to after 5pm.  After 5pm will need to consider traffic.

Q4 - What topics would you like to see covered? A deep dive in a tool each session, new features, Alteryx user applications.

McHeel88
5 - Atom

I agree with these responses.

bstrick49
5 - Atom

Here are my thoughts - 

Q1 - What is the best location for you to attend a User Group? Central and South Charlott is preferred for me. 

Q2 - What are 3 things that are reasons why you would or do attend an Alteryx User Group? Use cases, expanding knowledge of server and connect, networking. 

Q3 - What are the best times for you to attend the UG during the week? Around lunch or late in the afternoon (3pm or later) 

Q4 - What topics would you like to see covered? Use cases, staying up to date on new Alteryx features

raphaelrosati
6 - Meteoroid

Just wanted to share my thoughts on this as well with the group.

Q1 - What is the best location for you to attend a User Group? Anywhere in Charlotte, NC

Q2 - What are 3 things that are reasons why you would or do attend an Alteryx User Group?  1. Networking, 2. Learn new techniques/best practices in Alteryx, 3. See how other people/companies are using Alteryx (use cases, demos, etc...)

Q3 - What are the best times for you to attend the UG during the week?  Afternoon/Early Afternoon (start time no later than 6) because I would be driving about an hour from Greenville, SC.

Q4 - What topics would you like to see covered? Best Practices, unique/new use cases, exploring new tools and functionalityi n Alteryx.

tsilva4
8 - Asteroid
Hi Joshua, did you ever get this group started? If so, when is the next meeting? Thanks!
CatherineM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi, 

The User Group is still inactive as of now as we do not have the leaders to locally support it. Hoping to find more leaders soon so we can kick off a meeting sometime soon! :)

If you have any additional questions or interest, please feel free to reach out! 

--Cat

tsilva4
8 - Asteroid
I'm here in Charlotte and would like to help restart this user group. How can I help?
ELPyatt123
7 - Meteor

I am also available and would like the opportunity to attend a user group in Charlotte.

I am interested in hearing about use cases that I can leverage and gain insights from.

I would be willing to share some of my successes as well.  

Real life predictive model demonstrations and breakdowns would be great.

I am open to the time and location of the meetings as long as they are coordinated well in advance.

Keep me in the loop!

Krys
5 - Atom

I'm also in Charlotte and happy to help any way I can.  I'm a remote employee with no local colleagues so I'm also up for a small informal meet up if that is an option. 

Labels