Charlotte, NC

Welcome to the Charlotte User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Traveling Salesmen Problem

William_Aubrey
5 - Atom

Hi,

I'm very new to Alteryx (and finding Alteryx workflow solutions online). I had a fellow member of the Tableau community ask me, essentially, if there was a way to solve a "Traveling Salesmen Problem" (ie., shortest route amon multiple destinations) in Tableau. I told her no, but that I'm fairly certain that this could be solved with Alteryx. My issue is that I'm not sure where to begin to look to see if there are any existing workflows/algorithms I can leverage that take location data and compute the shortest route to hit all the locations using Alteryx.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

William

3 REPLIES 3
kurtwz
8 - Asteroid

Hi William!! I too would like input on this question as I don't know how to perform that calculation.  So I wanted to bump this to the top.  Can anyone help?  Thanks, Kurt

mmhester
5 - Atom

Have you tried looking in the Knowledge Base>Use Cases?  There are several workflows in there about sales and dividing territories with regard to distance traveled.  I didn't look at everyone of them but there are quite a few that if you can't find exactly what you need you will get some ideas about how to start.

Melinda

kurtwz
8 - Asteroid

Hi Melinda, I haven't looked at the Use Cases.  Didn't even know they were there.  So thanks for that valuable suggestion.  I will look this morning to see what pearls of knowledge exist there.  :-) Regards, Kurt

Labels