Welcome to the new SparkED Group Hub. Before you get started, check out our new program overview video

Independent Learners Discussions

Reskill for a competitive advantage in the job market. Access hands-on practice and get certified.

Join the discussion | Share SparkED Program goals!

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome Career Changers participants!  We're excited for you to start your journey with Alteryx, and would love to ask you one question before you get started.

What are you hoping to ultimately attain by participating in the ADAPT program? Is it to add a new skill to your professional toolkit, to jump start a new career path, or something else entirely?

Thinking about this before you start is a great way to keep your focus as you work through the tasks contained in the program. Each of you will have a different goal, but everyone will be working through this together; so share your thoughts in the thread below!

**Just a note! You’ll see reference to our “ADAPT” program in thread. The ADAPT program was an initial COVID-response to help upskill those who had recently lost their jobs due to the pandemic. Because of the success of that program, it has evolved into our new Career Changer program – open to anyone looking to upskill themselves with data analytics through Alteryx.

Will Machin
Community Management Team Lead
Alteryx
156 REPLIES 156
Saurabh_D
5 - Atom

Hi

I want to thank Alteryx for continuing this program and encouraging new learners to up-skill.

I am currently working as a full time Project Manager and have been in the industry for 17 years. It is nothing but curiosity and a strong desire to use data to solve real world problems that brought me to Alteryx. My ultimate goal is to change my career and become a data analyst. Alteryx is an Analytics automation tool and I want to not only learn the tool but also aim for Alteryx Designer Certification exams while I am doing my full time job.

Keen to start with this journey and learn in a way that sticks for a longer time. 🙂 

Thanks,

Saurabh

Sa_pA
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am currently working in a corporate tax department and want to add this new skills to give my career a jump start in the field of analytics. Looking forward for the more challenges. 

Mohanraj7393
7 - Meteor

For Career Change.

JOENTBS
5 - Atom

Thanks for the opportunity with the ADAPT program! Searching for ways to leave the "Dinosaur" category and catching up with current times.  

SayuriCarlbom
5 - Atom

I am a stay at home mom who recently decided to tackle a Cybersecurity bootcamp with Flatirons school. After graduating, I  searched for companies in my area that interested me and found Alteryx. The company culture seems to align with my values of being community focused, and the ADAPT program provides a platform to hold myself accountable and to be able to grow from new challenges. I don't know where this course will lead me, but I am excited for the journey!

amais_SparkED
Alteryx
Alteryx

I love this, @SayuriCarlbom!

There is so much opportunity to learn and I know the SparkED team is excited for these stories like these to show the power of learning, whether you're in the workplace currently, or looking to develop your skills in a new way. Super exciting and let us know how you progress through our learning resources.

-Annie

Education | Social Impact | SparkED
Saurabh_D
5 - Atom

Hi, I have got a link and instructions to download the 90 days licensed Alteryx designer. I was surprised to know that Alteryx cannot be installed on a Macintosh machine. I am an Apple MacBook owner for a while now and this is a bit unexpected from  for me. I know that by installing a virtualbox or VM will be a way to install it but there is still 64 GB memory requirement. Has anyone else faced this issue? Is there any other way to install the software and start learning?

SayuriCarlbom
5 - Atom

@amais_SparkED

Thank you! I will look forward to future communication!

amais_SparkED
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Saurabh_D: Have you tried Bootcamp or Parallels? 

Here's a helpful article you might want to check out.

Let me know if you have other questions!

Education | Social Impact | SparkED
rockyw9
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I recently graduated in 2020 with a degree in Electrical Engineering. Currently, I am working full-time as a project engineer at an engineering service company. What draws me to data analytics is its wide range of applicability and the high-level insights it reveals. I have been learning different data analytics skills in the past few months and have only recently started learning Alteryx. Although my experience with Alteryx has been brief, this software has already helped solidify various concepts within the data analysis process. Through the Career Change Program and SparkED, I look to further my understanding of data and analytics, attain employable skills, and connect with like-minded individuals. My goal is to build a career that will use data to make impactful decisions. I am excited to be on this journey with this community.

-Rocky