Welcome to the new SparkED Group Hub. Before you get started, check out our new program overview video

Independent Learners Discussions

Reskill for a competitive advantage in the job market. Access hands-on practice and get certified.

Join the discussion | Share SparkED Program goals!

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome Career Changers participants!  We're excited for you to start your journey with Alteryx, and would love to ask you one question before you get started.

What are you hoping to ultimately attain by participating in the ADAPT program? Is it to add a new skill to your professional toolkit, to jump start a new career path, or something else entirely?

Thinking about this before you start is a great way to keep your focus as you work through the tasks contained in the program. Each of you will have a different goal, but everyone will be working through this together; so share your thoughts in the thread below!

**Just a note! You’ll see reference to our “ADAPT” program in thread. The ADAPT program was an initial COVID-response to help upskill those who had recently lost their jobs due to the pandemic. Because of the success of that program, it has evolved into our new Career Changer program – open to anyone looking to upskill themselves with data analytics through Alteryx.

Will Machin
Community Management Team Lead
Alteryx
156 REPLIES 156
Sarveshs
5 - Atom

Hi Alteryx Team, 

Thank you for providing this opportunity to me to be a part of this community and wonderful talent pool .

I am a BI professional/ freelancer working on many BI tools and my goal is to become a pro with Alteryx.

I learned about Alteryx few months back in hope to explore future technology and add them in my portfolio. 

After exploring Alteryx and its capabilities and what it can do in the world of Business Intelligence & Analytics using insights that can be derived with its awesome technology, I am definitely now a fan of Alteryx. 

This platform will provide me an opportunity to connect with masterminds who uses this technology for a greater good and will also help me to enhance my profile and take my career to new levels.

Thank you !

Cheers

Sarvesh Sonwani

Priyanka_Ms
8 - Asteroid

Greetings to all,

Alteryx looks mesmerizing to me !!

I want to learn it. I want to actually understand and be able to implement the buzz words of machine learning, deep learning, predictive analytics etc in any space of work that serves humankind.

I am sure learning Alteryx will enhance my knowledge in data science and this skill will be greatly valued.

I want to get back into the workforce with a new zeal and passion. 

Kind Regards and Best Wishes to all in this learning journey.

Priyanka

nileshk9975
5 - Atom

Hi Team,

Trust you are doing well !!

I would like to thank Alteryx 100 times, for giving me this opportunity as part of the ADAPT program. I am looking forward to refining my  new skills to achieve career goals  in the field of Data Analyst and Machine Learning 

Again Thanks.

Regards,

Nilesh

Nilesh9975@gmail.com

aldamasy85
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All

My back ground is electrical power engineering. 

But I worked in several functions (Sales, Marketing and now pricing). In all of my jobs and career years, Always data was part of it. Getting the data and building structured report is critical for business to learn from historical data and take right decisions in the future.

The main pain I faced in my career is using excel with large data. It is taking too much time.

So using tools like Alteryx make you deal with large data in quick way ,save time and increase your efficiency with dealing with data.
Also Alteryx guided me to read and learn about data prediction and machine learning. Which is important to forecast and predict the data in future.

For me, I have never used a programming language like Python and it was hard for me to start predictive analysis & machine learning.

With Alteryx, It can be easily to people who are not familiar with programing to do data predictive analysis.

My ambition is to help my company and my career with what I will learn from ADAPT program.

obinna_ofomah
5 - Atom

Hi, 

My name is Obinna from Nigeria. I am an Energy Professional making a tech transition specifically in the area of Business Intelligence/Data Analysis. I am very much excited to start this journey with Alteryx, and I look forward to this where this path leads. 

Thank you.

SparkED_Team
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @obinna_ofomah ! We're so happy you're here.  Please let us know if you need anything as you begin your journey.  And don't forget to share your experience here so that others can learn from you along the way!

rabia_e
5 - Atom

how do I download the trial version for career changers? I have 3 month license as well but I am not able to use it 

SparkED_Team
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @rabia_e !

Thanks so much for the inquiry. You can download a 90-day Career Changer license through the SparkED Community by clicking on the links at the top of the page in the header, or by clicking here.

Please let us know a bit more about yourself and please let us know how we can best support you moving forward! We're excited to have you!

vpriti2001
5 - Atom

I am here to learn Alteryx to kickstart my Career at a higher level! I am really excited to learn from Alteryx Community to become pro at it.

SparkED_Team
Alteryx
Alteryx

We're so happy to have you, @vpriti2001 ! Please leverage this discussion to chat with others who have gone through our program in the past - there's a lot to learn from them all!