Welcome to the new SparkED Group Hub. Before you get started, check out our new program overview video

Independent Learners Discussions

Reskill for a competitive advantage in the job market. Access hands-on practice and get certified.

Join based on two tables

Parth5
6 - Meteoroid

I have two tables, table A and Table B. In table A, I am getting Unclassified so I want to get the data from Table B i.e. instead of Unclassified I should get US and when it is United States it should return United States.

13 REPLIES 13
Parth5
6 - Meteoroid

I have 3 fields in which I have unique records, I want to create new field and get the unique records from that 3 fields in new created column. Attached image is the table's data for reference.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Parth5 ,

About your first question, I don't get what you need, could you produce a desired output file ?

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

About your second problem, here is a workflow that can help you !

Parth5
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Jean-Balteryx ,

Thank you for helping out on 2nd question.

for the first question, I have two tables i.e. table A and table B

In table A, Unclassified and Not Valid fields are region and Number, so whenever I get Unclassified or Not Valid in any of the field then it should check from Table B, for an instance here, table B contains fields region code, region name and number.

If US is present in Table B, then it should return US instead of Unclassified/Not Valid. so, in output if the data is present but still showing Unclassified then it  should give the output along with field 'Company Name'. In the output file I need which value is present in the campaign field. Table C is the output file.

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Why, in the output, is the values for "number" column null for first two rows then 2 for other rows ?

Parth5
6 - Meteoroid

Because number '1' is already present in table A, we want the values which are Unclassified and Not Valid

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Then why 2 and not 3 ?

Parth5
6 - Meteoroid

If you see the Table A, field name 'Company Name' is delimiter with underscore (_) 

1st position- Company- ABC

2nd position- Client- Safo

4th position- region- Unclassified

6th position- number- 1 and Not Valid

Jean-Balteryx
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Ok, so should "region" and "number" be taken from that name if Unclassified/Not Valid ?

Be cause in your output example, everything is US while there are some UK values in names.