Welcome to the new SparkED Group Hub. Before you get started, check out our new program overview video

We are currently experiencing an issue with Email verification at this time and working towards a solution. Should you encounter this issue, please click on the "Send Verification Button" a second time and the request should go through. If the issue still persists for you, please email support@alteryx.com for assistance.

Career Changers Discussions

Reskill for a competitive advantage in the job market. Access hands-on practice and get certified.

Join based on two tables

Parth5
6 - Meteoroid

I have two tables, table A and Table B. In table A, I am getting Unclassified so I want to get the data from Table B i.e. instead of Unclassified I should get US and when it is United States it should return United States.

13 REPLIES 13
Parth5
6 - Meteoroid

I have 3 fields in which I have unique records, I want to create new field and get the unique records from that 3 fields in new created column. Attached image is the table's data for reference.

Jean-Balteryx
15 - Aurora

Hi @Parth5 ,

About your first question, I don't get what you need, could you produce a desired output file ?

Jean-Balteryx
15 - Aurora

About your second problem, here is a workflow that can help you !

Parth5
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Jean-Balteryx ,

Thank you for helping out on 2nd question.

for the first question, I have two tables i.e. table A and table B

In table A, Unclassified and Not Valid fields are region and Number, so whenever I get Unclassified or Not Valid in any of the field then it should check from Table B, for an instance here, table B contains fields region code, region name and number.

If US is present in Table B, then it should return US instead of Unclassified/Not Valid. so, in output if the data is present but still showing Unclassified then it  should give the output along with field 'Company Name'. In the output file I need which value is present in the campaign field. Table C is the output file.

Jean-Balteryx
15 - Aurora

Why, in the output, is the values for "number" column null for first two rows then 2 for other rows ?

Parth5
6 - Meteoroid

Because number '1' is already present in table A, we want the values which are Unclassified and Not Valid

Jean-Balteryx
15 - Aurora

Then why 2 and not 3 ?

Parth5
6 - Meteoroid

If you see the Table A, field name 'Company Name' is delimiter with underscore (_) 

1st position- Company- ABC

2nd position- Client- Safo

4th position- region- Unclassified

6th position- number- 1 and Not Valid

Jean-Balteryx
15 - Aurora

Ok, so should "region" and "number" be taken from that name if Unclassified/Not Valid ?

Be cause in your output example, everything is US while there are some UK values in names.