Boston, MA (New England)

Welcome to the Boston User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

September meeting?

JWeissman
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone - 

We have a few options for a meeting in September and I'm writing to ask for your thoughts here.  Right now, we are considering a joint event with the Boston Tableau Users group on 9/27 at State Street Bank in Boston.  And the agenda would have more of a Hackathon + Happy Hour feel.  We've just learned that Tableau and Alteryx are planning a major event on the same day at Fenway (I believe) that would conflict with ours.

So what do you think?  Would you like to simply meet up at the larger Fenway event that day and plan a more focused User Group meeting in October?  Or would you like to try and fit two events in September?  Our biggest issue in the past has been finding space...thoughts/volunteers are very welcome here!

Thanks!

Jesse

1 REPLY 1
LalaLele66
7 - Meteor

Hi, At the BTUG meeting last night, they mentioned possibly changing the 9/27 date due to the Cleartelligence's Chart Champ 2018 At Fenway event. For folks that haven't registered yet, I encourage attending the Chart Champ event. I attended last year. Found the workshops quite informative, and the competition was amazing! I learned tons about the Pats and Tom Brady and I don't even like football! Haha! This time the data set is on the Red Sox. I can't wait!

A joint meeting might be nice, since many users tend to use both programs. I love seeing events when the 2 are together.

We will loose the intimacy of the small group however. The BTUG meetings tend to have 50+ attendees. 

I would also agree to wait til Oct to avoid conflicts if needed.

That's my 2 cents.  :)

-Linda