Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Boston, MA (New England)

Welcome to the Boston User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

SAVE THE DATE! 2/28 for our Quarterly User Group Meeting

JWeissman
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone - Plans are still underway, but please pencil in Thursday 2/28 in the 5-7 timeframe for our next User Group meeting in Boston.  There is no better way to celebrate end-of-month reporting than hanging out with your fellow analysts and Alteryx users :-)

Agenda to follow - Volunteers to present are very welcome!!  Share your Alteryx story with a friendly audience!!

Thanks!

Jesse

5 REPLIES 5
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome to the Q1 Boston Alteryx User Group meeting, hosted by Slalom Consulting!  Our meeting will take a Hackathon format where we can learn more about Alteryx through hands-on experience.  Below you find the topics we’re going explore…with the emphasis on learning as a group.  Please bring a laptop to get the most from this event and from our Alteryx experts in-residence!

• 5pm Introduction & Networking
  • 5:30 – Hackathon begins.  Topics to explore include:
    • Data Cleansing – Build macros to tidy variable data
    • Challenge #123 When will Rabbits Rule the World?
    • Challenge #151: Meta Parsing - Each week your boss gives you a new dataset to parse. Each week it comes with a different schema and an accompanying dataset with how it should be parsed…
  • 7pm – 7:30: Regroup and share learnings

Please plan extra time to check-in with security.

Register Today

eric-l
7 - Meteor

Hi,
I registered for this event because I'm a basic Alteryx user in the Boston area, but the agenda makes it sound like this event is a hands-on format for more advanced users. For example, I've never built macros. Should I still attend?

Thx.

MAJic
5 - Atom

A meeting like this is great for all skill levels.  The more exposure you get to Alteryx, the more proficient you'll become with the product and with how to solve problems.

All the best,

Mike

eric-l
7 - Meteor

Ok, thanks.  I'll plan to attend!

Ivan_Slalom
5 - Atom

It will be a hands-on format for users with different skill level. The last challenge, for example, doesn't require any macros and can be solved with just the basic tools.