Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Boston, MA (New England)

Welcome to the Boston User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Alteryx For Good Volunteering Information

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for attending the Boston Alteryx User Group this week! I am glad to hear that it went well and excited that Alteryx For Good was a hot topic! @lagueux_kerry has asked me to provide some details on how to get AFG licenses to a non-profit and share how other User Groups have provided analytical support.

What is Alteryx For Good?Grand Rapids, MI Alteryx User GroupGrand Rapids, MI Alteryx User Group

At Alteryx, we’re passionate about giving back to worthy causes and invite you to join us in doing good.  Together, we can significantly impact our communities and the lives of others. 

Alteryx for Good provides the state-of-the-art analytic platform for educators, students, nonprofit organizations and local government entities to be better analysts, enabling their information to make an impact and influence social change.

Our program is empowering ordinary people to do extraordinary things.  We’re for cause, passion, and the power of sharing.

Alteryx For Good License Requirements

1. Non-profit organization needs to have an operating income less than $10M to qualify for a free AFG License
  2. Contact the Alteryx For Good Team: alteryxforgood@alteryx.com
  3. Volunteer with the non-profit on analytical projects
    • This can be done as an individual or as a User Group

Alteryx User Groups Giving Back in Their Communities

Afg.JPG

Alteryx User Groups and Non-Profits with Future Data Projects

Afg2.JPG

I would like to call upon @Deanna from the Dallas User Group, she has done amazing job getting the Dallas User Group working with a local organization called The Commit! Partnership. I believe in the first week they completed multiple data related projects! Deanna, do you have some advice for this group on where to get start and some best practices you've learned along the way?

Dallas UG (2).jpg

Attached you'll find a FAQ. If this is something you are interested in doing, please reply back to this thread and the Alteryx For Good team will get in touch with you to get started! Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14
AbhiSyal
6 - Meteoroid
Yes - maybe we can budget some time post the webinar / demo @LaurenU -
that would be helpful.

I am in the evaluation stage as of now.
AbhiSyal
6 - Meteoroid
Thing is that we have volunteers who have their own laptops, and we would like a cloud place to run our analytics. 
Is that possible ? 

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy® Note 4.
AbhiSyal
6 - Meteoroid
Is it a cloud license?
AbhiSyal
6 - Meteoroid
Hey @LaurenU - that would be amazing

Meanwhile - do you suggest we proceed with the license process?

Cheers,
Abhi
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @AbhiSyal, the non-profit will get a designer license to use and depending on the need we can take a look at if Alteryx can provide additional resources. 

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@AbhiSyal great point. I have heard that the Dallas Alteryx User Group is currently utilizing DropBox to host all the data and User Group members can drop in and out to work on the project at their leisure. I am not sure if anyone has played around with the Gallery as well. 

This is the first year we have integrated User Groups with Alteryx For Good, there is no set process yet. But we are open to any suggestions and resources you might need along the way. :)

AbhiSyal
6 - Meteoroid
Great - Do they have a blog post on how they are utilizing Dropbox?

It would be great to go through :-)

We have a Splunk license.
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@AbhiSyal I am still waiting to get in touch with the User Group leader to have her do a demo. I certainly could ask her to do a blog post, that would be a great resource for all User Groups! 

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@AbhiSyal absolutely! However, I am thinking we should try to coordinate a call with the User Group leaders and any additional Alteryx For Good interested volunteers. I am talking to another person who is interested in doing AFG with the User Group. 

I think it would be good to have a call together to get organized how you would like to work on projects at your meetings and next steps.