Bentonville, AR

Welcome NWA Alteryx Users!

ncarstens
5 - Atom

Welcome to the Bentonville Alteryx User Group!

Hey fellow users,  it has been a long time coming, but our local NWA Alteryx user group is now up and running.  Please take a moment to introduce yourself.  We are currently working on our first meeting, so stay tuned!

1. What is your name and industry you work in?
  2. What is your Alteryx story?  How did you make the move?
  3. How do you currently use Alteryx?
  4. How would you like to leverage the user group?
  5. Anything else you would like the group to know...?

Look forward to hearing from you,

Best,

Nick

2 REPLIES 2
DouglasErb
5 - Atom
What is your name and industry you work in?

My name is Douglas Erb and I work in CPG for the Clorox Sales Company.

What is your Alteryx story? How did you make the move?

I began using Alteryx during my employment at Walmart HQ as the manager of the Store of the Community team. There, I used the tool to apply syndicated and geospatial attribution to new and project stores. I also used the tool to make assortment decisions and to create Store clusters.

I currently use the tool in much of the same ways, only at the product level, rather than store/department level. However, I've also been using the tool to manage our category and sales data. The tool has been priceless to me in terms of researching data problems, gaining new product insights, and creating and maintaining a reporting system that feeds seamlessly into our BI visualization tools. We can find a way to use it for just about anything involving data.

I'm here to share and learn. Those of us familiar with the tool know that there's usually more than one way to get the same results - so learning best practices is a focus.

Glad to finally have a user group!
Inactive User
Not applicable

Hello all,

1) My name is Chris Lewis and I work in finance at Walmart 

2) When I started working for Walmart two and a half years ago, I started using Alteryx to pull data from multiple sources and do a lot of data cleaning, manipulation, and analysis. In finance, I use it more from an automation standpoint and leverage it in as much ad how analysis as possible

3) See my answer in 2

4) I would love feedback on ideas and help on using Alteryx to its full capabilities and bounce ideas of others to find efficiencies 

5) I am excited to get to know other users and hear their stories