Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Bengaluru, IN

Welcome to the Bengaluru User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button in Home to follow our news and attend our events!

Need hands-on practice exercises in Alteryx.

stj1120
8 - Asteroid
Hi all,

I'm new to Alteryx. I don't know how to get started. But, I'm eager to learn end to end in Alteryx. Please help me out with the finding of the hands-on practice exercises for learning Alteryx etl tool. Also, a humble request to create a Telegram user account for this user group. Many thanks!

Regards,
Sreenivasa Teja.
7 REPLIES 7
ydmuley
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hello @stj1120 

Glad to know your interest, you can find loads of practice material over there.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Weekly-Challenge-Index-amp-Welcome/td-p/48275

Enjoy the thrill of solving using Alteryx.

Thanks,

Yug

Regards,
Yugandhar Muley (Yug)

Alteryx ACE | Alteryx For Good India Lead | Bengaluru Alteryx User Group Lead
stj1120
8 - Asteroid

Hi Yug and other techies,

Hope all are doing well!

Thank you for your reply. But, the thing is that as I'm new to Alteryx and so, I'm unable to understand few tools like Append, Find and Replace, Macros, and some other tools as well.

Even though, I strictly follow the Official Alteryx channel and Mark Frisch video tutorials and also the Tool Mastery series I'm unable to understand the correct usage of the tools as the few posts and videos are not so clearly explained in detail. The thing is that, I don't see much websites or the blog spots on Alteryx. 

I'm currently working on Alteryx but, in a critical situation that we honestly don't know why this particular tool is used which is so frustrating and annoying! Because, we aren't given any training and we ourselves started doing the project. 

As you guys are the Guru's and Legends on Alteryx and so, I'd kindly request you to please try to arrange sessions and create some Blogs on Alteryx; so that it'd be very easy for everyone to go have quick walk through on the tools and their related posts. 

Hope, my words would make the sense! Kindly please look into it. Many thanks!

Best Regards,

Sreenivasa Teja.

stj1120
8 - Asteroid

Also, kindly please try to create a Telegram group. If there is any such Interaction group where you guys post some knowledge articles and some stuff on Alteryx it'd be very useful for everyone. 

There are many such groups on Tableau and on other technologies as well in different regions across India. That's the reason, I'm asking you!

I wanted to grab as much knowledge in Alteryx and work on it. But, no useful resource and geek I know on Alteryx. 

Kindly please check and think and have a discussion on it!

Kind Regards,

Sreenivasa Teja.

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@stj1120 ,

As @ydmuley mentioned there is the Alteryx Academy, where we have interactive lessons, weekly challenges, Tool Masteries and many other tools on the Alteryx Community to learn the tools. You also have One Tool Examples in the software under the Help>Sample Workflows.

The reason why there is not specific training for the tool is due to the endless amount of use cases and uses each workflow and even tools.

Please review the information provided, and I highly recommend if you can get to @ydmuley user group meetings to do so. This group is a very impactful group in India.

Arra1785
5 - Atom

Hi Sreenivas,

I'm new to Alteryx and in the same position as you were.  Please help me out if you can.  

Cheers,

Krishna

ydmuley
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hello Krishna,

As mentioned in the post before by @DanM - Alteryx community is a one-stop solution for all the learning you want for Alteryx.

You can go through the following:

Alteryx Academy 

Weekly Challenges 

Tool Mastery Blogs 

These links are best resources and in case you have more questions, would recommend you to join our quarterly - Alteryx User Group meeting where you can get opportunity to meet fellow Alteryx experts and clarify your doubts.

Thanks,

Yug

Regards,
Yugandhar Muley (Yug)

Alteryx ACE | Alteryx For Good India Lead | Bengaluru Alteryx User Group Lead
daw44
6 - Meteoroid

Another resource is https://www.techhub.training/. There are many practice problems to try there.