Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Austin, TX

Welcome to the Austin User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Austin User Group Meeting Recap Q4 2019

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey everyone,

It was a fantastic meeting with some fun tips and tricks from our leaders and a fun trivia game! Congrats to our winner ( @phoebe_kelley )! It was a very tough Kahoot Quiz and was all focused on Alteryx. 

We shared 5 tips and tricks during the session with some extras that our user group leaders called out while presenting (bonus tips!!!). I have attached the PowerPoint with all the tips and tricks covered as well as some extras the user group leaders came up with while getting ready fro this session. 

Our next meeting will be in Q1 and we will be having a panel type session where the audience can ask questions about anything Alteryx. If anyone has any suggestions on making this a great session let us know here! This can be suggesting a person for the panel, a question you want the panel to answer, an area you want a person on the panel to be from (finance, logistics, change management, etc.), or want to participate yourself.

I will be posting photos once I can upload them onto my computer, but wanted to post the PowerPoint so you all can continue on your Alteryx learning journey! We hope you all learned something valuable and encourage others to join us!

Also feel free to post about any topics you would like to see in the future on the User Group Page!

13 REPLIES 13
cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Here are some of the awesome pictures from our meeting!

Our great attendance!

Attendees 2.jpg

John and Blake giving some great tips!

Attendees.jpg

Our Kahoot winner board! (Blake disqualified Aaron)

kahoot winners.jpg

Some awesome swag handed out during the meeting! Thanks @CatherineM!

User Group Swag.jpg

CatherineM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for sharing this awesome recap and photos @cplewis90. Excited to see the Austin User Group grow in the new year!!! 🙂

-- Cat Martinez

sisi2001401
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I'm new to Alteryx, just started to explore. Does the user group event welcome beginners? Where can I find the information (date/location) for the next meeting?

Thanks!

jline
5 - Atom

long time lurker, first time poster with the same question...

Thanks!

CatherineM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @jline @sisi2001401 

Thank you both for posting! To answer your question, all are welcome to attend. Whether you're a long time user or you just heard about Alteryx, everyone is welcome to join. 

The Austin Leadership team will be posting meeting details for their Q1 2020 meeting in the near future. Keep an eye out on this page for meeting details and to reserve your spot! 🙂 

-- Cat Martinez

User Groups Coordinator 

sisi2001401
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for the information.

Is there a way to subscribe so that I can receive the meeting information in the email? I'm afraid I may miss to see it on time. 

Thanks again.

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@CatherineM you beat me to the punch!

Hey all,

Everyone is welcome at the meetings, we have every level of expertise, people from different functions, people at different levels within an organization attend. It is always great to network and meet new folks all venturing through their Alteryx journeys. We will be posting details about the next user group meeting Friday! Stay tuned for the details!

Best,
Chris Lewis

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey @sisi2001401,

We will try to post information about the next user group meeting at least 2-3 months in advance to help make sure people see the details. Also @CatherineM sends out event brite invites for each meeting (she is so awesome!).

CatherineM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @sisi2001401 @jline 

Please feel free to join the Austin User Group (See the pic below):

Austin Screenshot.PNG

By clicking the "Join the Group" , you will become a member of the Austin User Group page. By being a member you will receive an email notification anytime our User Group leaders like @cplewis90 post on the page with meeting details and announcements. As a member you'll know in advance before email invites are sent out and will be able to secure your spot. Hope this is helpful! 🙂

-- Cat Martinez

User Groups Coordinator

Labels