Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Atlanta, GA

Welcome to the Atlanta User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

4/23-4/29 Come Volunteer with our User Group! - Alteryx For Good Volunteering

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Everyone,

We are interested in getting involved with Alteryx For Good Week (April 23-April 29). During this week User Groups from around the world are giving back to their local Communities by volunteering with a local nonprofit. We think this is a fun activity to get together for team building and to do good. 

There was a suggestion for Hands On Atlanta that has lots of volunteering activities during AFG Week. Is anyone currently working with Hands On Atlanta? Or does this sound like a fun organization to volunteer with?

Is anyone currently volunteering with a nonprofit that would be a good fit for Alteryx For Good Week?

We are interested in getting involved with Alteryx For Good. Who would be available to volunteer during April 23-29 and what time range works best (Morning, Afternoon, Evening)? 

PS Check out these cool t-shirts we'll get!

FrontFrontBackBack

16 REPLIES 16
wale_ilori
9 - Comet

I haven't worked with HandsOnAtlanta in a while but it's a great organization and has lots of opportunities. I'd be interested in volunteering but would needs details of what days or days available and my preference would be evenings.

I think if it was planned in such a way that volunteers are spread through the week on one or more projects, we may have a better chance of having representation through out the week and provide the needed flexibility for all that would be interested in participating.

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @wale_ilori thank you for the feedback.

I think one of the things I love about Hands On Atlanta and why they stood out to me is they have so many opportunities during the week...I think having the User Group spread out and do different days is completely possible!

To get the ball rolling. What days and hours work best for you?

wale_ilori
9 - Comet

Tuesday or Friday

TylerWilling
5 - Atom

Here is an update on the list of opportunities that we have been looking into organizing for volunteer week:

• Atlanta Soap Project – Still looking into
    • Habitat for Humanity – Full
    • Atlanta Food Bank – Availability  4/24-4/28 @ 9am-12pm
      • 5-20 slots for volunteers
    • Hands On Atlanta – Website has multiple options 
    • Trees Atlanta- Availability 4/29 @9am-12pm
      • 5-10 slots for volunteers to plant ferns

What is everyone's input on which event/timing would be best?

Rvandeve
5 - Atom

Late afternoon or evening would be best during the week. That said, it seems that Hands On Atlanta may be best since they have the only afternoon options for weekdays.

stanherring72
7 - Meteor

I would like to volunteer in an event during that week. Preferably Monday or Wednesday. Let me know what event, day and time.

Thanks!

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @stanherring72 & @Rvandeve! Thanks for the replies back.

We are currently looking at Trees Atlanta on April 29th from 9am to 12pm. We'll send out the EventBrite to sign up. Hope you can make it! 

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Come plant ferns with us on Saturday, April 29th from 9am to 12pm with Trees Atlanta.Trees Atlanta works tirelessly to address Atlanta’s tree loss, protect its forests, and create new green space. Empowered by its wonderful community of volunteers, Trees Atlanta serves the metro Atlanta area, and has grown to become one of Atlanta’s most widely known and supported non-profit organizations. Our mission statement: Trees Atlanta is a nationally recognized non-profit citizens' group that protects and improves Atlanta’s urban forest by planting, conserving, and educating.

We think this is a fun activity to get together for team building, to do good, and keep Atlanta Green! See below for RSVP and more information.

charlescolemansm
6 - Meteoroid

Boom!  Registered.

I'm still trying to get something going data-wise with Hands on Atlanta or MedShare.  

The (Atlanta/) Global Soap Project has moved out to Vegas, so working with them is going to be more difficult (though not impossible).