Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
adamjneylon
Alteryx
Alteryx

Get ready to transform the way you access and manage your Alteryx products with the all-new Enterprise Ready Alteryx Licensing and Downloads portal.

We’ve updated the Licensing and Downloads portal to make it easier for you to keep your licenses up to date and download the latest versions of Alteryx.

With its sleek user interface, designed in the same format as the Alteryx Analytics Cloud Platform, you will enjoy a seamless and consistent experience across desktop and cloud. No need to worry about complicated updates because the newly launched portal will replace the default experience available via MyAlteryx.

Watch the video to see how Alteryx can take your management game to the next level.

Using the New Licensing and Downloads Portal

If you’re accessing the portal to download products, you’ll find a streamlined download experience as well as customized announcements from your organization to help you stay informed.

portal-1.jpg

Alteryx administrators will notice the platform is faster, more efficient, and effective. Instead of navigating between screens to identify which user a machine belongs to, administrators will now find that data is centered around the user, making it easier to find and update how licenses are used.

We’ve increased the functionality available within the portal to allow administrators to better structure, access and make updates to data. These improvements include:

1) Streamline your data management process with our filters across license, user, and account data tables.

portal-2 (1).jpg

2) Save time by performing multiple actions at once. Bulk actions can be conducted across user and machine data instantly.

portal-3.jpg

3) Export license and user data whenever you need it, eliminating the need to submit support tickets for Alteryx.

portal-4.jpg

4) View the recent utilization data across users in your organization to easily track usage patterns.

portal-6.jpg

Administrators will now also be able to easily scale the administration of Alteryx products with API access to all core functionality available within the license portal.

The outgoing licensing and downloads portal will remain available for approximately 60 days after the launch of the new portal. You will be able to navigate between the two experiences until May 7, 2023.

Read the Release Notes to learn more about this new upgrade!

If you have any questions or feedback please feel free to contact the team at admin_experience@alteryx.com

Comments
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Good first start.

But some work needs to be done - not working correctly for me (simply listing all licenses).  Feel free to reach out directly to me.  Issues so far: Sort not working consistently, not displaying all licenses without having to do funky things (toggle on-off expired, sort and resort a couple times), can't export "complete" option.

briancoombs
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out so quick. We'll reach out to set up time to log these issues and fix them!

Thank you,

Brian Coombs

Admin Experience Team

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

The new license portal is 10x slower than the old license portal (which wasn't fast itself!)

It just took 34 seconds to load up the licenses page for a license that has 15 / 75 seats (available). How long will this take for customers with 100s or 1000s of seats?!

When revokoing a license (which doesn't seem to work) or refreshing the page, this load time happens again. So it's 30+ seconds of wait time every time I need to do anything.

briancoombs
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey Joe,

We appreciate the early feedback, we've worked to humanize the experience and to make it more intuitive to navigate and take action. The performance of the portal is affected by limitations with our licensing partner. We are looking to make continued improvements and hope to have those out on a regular bi-weekly cycle. We'll be reaching out to you directly to see the experience you're having and find further improvements we can make.

Thank you,

Brian Coombs

TPM, Admin Experience Team

briancoombs
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Alteryx IT Admins and Licensing Experts,

Happy to hear all the feedback thus far for the Licensing and Downloads Portal! We hope that the additions of exports, APIs for automation, caching, and bulk edits are improving your experience! We know that the performance of the machines page is still something that is not at expectations and wanted to pro-actively address that concern. The prior portal and new portal are both based on our licensing vendor’s APIs. We’ve iterated on providing increased performance in every way within our control and we’ll be working to make continued updates to improve the overall experience including performance. Additionally, for our cloud products we made the decision to develop our own custom entitlements solution for the Alteryx Cloud Platform to perform above modern web application standards. We’ll continue to keep you updated as we work to make being an admin for Alteryx an intuitive and delightful experience.

Thank you,

Brian Coombs
Technical Product Manager, Admin Experience Team

ITDAM
5 - Atom

Great start but there are things which could be done better though. 

We have numerous contracts so when downloading User or License information I have to do this multiple times and merge them into one spreadsheet manually. This is made all the more difficult because not all the information is in the same column order so I have to cut and paste different sections so they align with the rest of the downloaded information! Cant there be an option to download all contracts in one go? Also for some users their information is missing in the download including license key and end dates even though they are in the portal and keys assigned. It would also be useful to see all my contracts/licenses together in one screen rather than having to select the contracts one at a time.

I am also seeing Invalid Date for users when I look at them on an individual basis. This changes day on day with the same using showing information sometimes then not others which is frustrating.

Thanks

briancoombs
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi ITDAM,

Thank you for your feedback! We would be happy to walk through the best practice for exports and see if there are any issues we need to address! Also, on the invalid date issue, that is a known defect that we're working on fixing. I'll be reaching out via email to set up a meeting.

Thank you for your time and sharing your experience,

Brian Coombs
Technical Product Manager, Admin Experience Team

GailPoretsky
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have to click multiple times to get the list of the available releases for every item . The error I am getting "There was a problem for fetching the releases for Alteryx Designer' or Alteryx Intelligence Suite'. I also do not see the download for Alteryx Desktop Automation. Where this can be obtained. Thank you.