This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
What is the Alteryx Public Preview program? Alteryx will deliver a single build of Designer with all upcoming GA functionality available to test in customer environments. This means our customers can test this functionality a full month before it is Generally Available. Imagine validating upcoming Designer functionality in your own unique production environment, and at the same time building expertise and knowledge around these new features and enhancements.
How can I get started? Below is a summary of what you can test and how to provide feedback!
2. Choose your installer. Don’t know which installer to use? Check out this blog post.
3. Follow instructions below to tour new functionality introduced with the Public Preview program build.
4. Give us your feedback!
• Replace - Designer users love our ‘Find’ functionality. Help us test the new Replace functionality to create an experience that makes it easy for users to find and now Replace found values across their workflows!
figure 1 – Replace tab in Designer
• PostgreSQL & Snowflake Bulk Loaders - Alteryx bulk loaders are meant to improve the performance of data loads. Currently it takes a long time to insert via ODBC or would require a user to write a custom solution to get this to work. With the new PostgreSQL & Snowflake Bulk loaders, Alteryx Designer users can streamline the results of their work into PostgreSQL and Snowflake databases.
• International DateTime support for DateTime Now & Report Header tools - International language support added to the DateTime Now tool allows users to receive in language DateTime feedback upon output for the first time.
figure 4 - International language support in the Date Time Now tool
• Automatic Modeling Mode - Assisted Modeling now includes an option for users to “automatically” create a machine learning model. In one click, this feature evaluates multiple pipelines with hyperparameter tuning, and returns the best model to the leaderboard!
figure 5 – New ‘Automatic’ option for generating a machine learning model
• Holistic Data Profiling Filters in Browse Tool - Users can now filter within Holistic Data Profiling by Fields, and Data Types present within the data set.
figure 6 - New ‘Holistic Data Profiling’ tool within the Browse tool
Of course, there’s always a wide range of general Enhancements & Bug Fixes included in each release (too many to list here). You can review a comprehensive list of these fixed and known issues and learn more if you Sign In/Up here for the Alteryx Public Preview. Questions? just email firstname.lastname@example.org.