Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
MatthewM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I read a few weeks ago how Experian saw a boost in revenue due to an increase in ID fraud, and it got me thinking about how analytics really affects all aspects of our way of life.  Every day millions of people are making purchases online or offline, and millions more applying for some form of credit.  It seems like everything you sign up for or purchase today requires a credit check such as getting a new phone number or signing up for internet service.  With all of these purchases, it is critical that companies have the most up-to-date or significant information about the purchaser and their buying patterns.

Experian, using analytics is able to flag an unusual or out-of-the-ordinary purchase based on a person’s buying history.   It is amazing to me how banks and credit card providers rely on these types of analytics’ to help detect and prevent fraud.  There have been instances where I was traveling abroad and purchased something, only to receive a call from my bank or credit card companies, asking me about the purchase.

Organizations like Experian or other Marketing Service Providers (MSPs) play a vital role in containing the economic impact crime can have on consumers.   The ability to target fraud before it happens, not only can reduce the affects this has on sellers, but also how it can affect consumers through improved products and service offerings.

Marketing Service Providers like Experian, Valassis, Equifax and many other rely on Alteryx Strategic Analytics to deliver the best services for both their internal and external clients within a simple, easy-to-use platform.

To find out how Alteryx can help improve your Service Offerings, check out our Marketing Service Providers home page or download our Free Project Edition and try analytics for yourself.

Matthew Madden

Sr. Product Marketing Manager.

Matthew Madden
Director, Product Marketing

Matt Madden is a Director, Product Marketing at Alteryx. Matt has over 16 years of experience in the analytics and enterprise software industry. During his career he has held roles in sales and marketing, both with the same goal, to help organizations realize the power and benefits that analytics can have on their business.

Matt Madden is a Director, Product Marketing at Alteryx. Matt has over 16 years of experience in the analytics and enterprise software industry. During his career he has held roles in sales and marketing, both with the same goal, to help organizations realize the power and benefits that analytics can have on their business.