Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
AshleyK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

It’s an exciting day here at our Inspire conference in Nashville, where 5,000 Alteryx fans have come together to learn more about changing the world through analytics and data science. One of the best parts of my job is delighting customers with exciting new features that empower them to do their jobs better and answer world-altering questions. Today, I had the privilege to talk about the modern analytics journey and announced new features that amplify the capabilities of analysts and citizen data scientists. The response was mind-blowing. 

An important step in the journey is bridging the skill set gap between data science and analytics, and it's a key mission of Alteryx. As I talk to citizen data scientists around the world, I hear people wanting to break free from barriers like formal education. When I think about that feeling of being free, there is one image that pops into my head: Bruce, my yellow lab, running across the sand after I've taken his leash off.

bruce 2.jpg

That pure joy and rush of exhilaration is something we want you to experience with the introduction of Assisted Modeling, when you're looking to uplevel your skills.

Unleash your inner AI: Assisted Modeling beta available now

Assisted Modeling is going to help our users set free their own innate knowledge via machine learning. Our vision is to provide emerging citizen data scientists the quickest and easiest way to get into machine learning. What is Assisted Modeling? This powerful application in Designer walks analysts and citizen data scientists through the process of building a predictive model - from data prep to model selection. This guided, step-by-step experience with embedded help and tooltips empowers you to learn as you go—no need for formal education or extra training. At the end of the process, Assisted Modeling generates a machine-learning pipeline for you, so you also get the transparency you need to collaborate with data scientists and ensure your models meet your organization's standards. With an end-to-end modeling workflow, you can go from dirty data to actionable insights all within your favorite analytics platform and without any additional cost.

assisted modeling final.gif

What's new in 2019.2?

Before any company can unleash advanced analytics, it’s imperative to get self-service analytics fundamentals down. At Alteryx, we continue to transform analytics to empower analysts to derive better answers, faster. With our latest software release, Alteryx Analytics 2019.2, analysts will find it easier than ever to embark on data exploration.

Single Connection ExperienceSingle connection.gif

The critical first step in analytics is dropping that Input Data tool to access your disparate data sources. With our new single connection experience, you can instantly identify how to connect to different data types including on-prem and cloud databases.

Interactive Results GridIMG IRG.gif
The next step in making better decisions is to quickly understand your data. With the ability to search, sort and filter data at any point through the results grid, analysts can quickly identify the next step to take in their analysis. For example, you can search for a name across all columns to pinpoint specific records or sort your sales data to see which region is the highest performing. Any recovering spreadsheet analyst will appreciate the familiarity in the interactive results grid experience as they get to more insights faster. 

IMG server.png

Collaboration across teams

Analytics is a social experience and we are improving collaboration between teams across organizations through Alteryx Server. Collections are a powerful place to collaborate on workflows and collection owners can now grant granular permissions to add, edit or update assets for each individual member. Owners can also empower others to add or remove users from the collection to break down silos across the organization.

We’re thrilled to introduce Alteryx Analytics 2019.2 and eager to hear what you think of these exciting features .

For existing customers, you can experience 2019.2 for yourself simply by upgrading to our latest release. If you’d like additional detail on these great features, check out updated technical documentation. Finally, if you’d like to unleash your inner AI, we welcome you to participate in our beta program

For those of you who are new to Alteryx and are still exploring the platform, we’d love for you to take our latest build for a test drive. You can download our free Alteryx Designer trial to start kicking the tires and see for yourself why hundreds of thousands of data scientists, analysts, and quants across the globe choose Alteryx.

Ashley Kramer
Senior Vice President, Product Management

Ashley is the Senior Vice President of Product Management at Alteryx and is responsible for driving the direction of the Alteryx platform. Ashley brings tremendous knowledge to Alteryx to help scale its product organization, facilitate the development of cloud-based offerings and strengthen strategic technology partnerships.

Ashley is the Senior Vice President of Product Management at Alteryx and is responsible for driving the direction of the Alteryx platform. Ashley brings tremendous knowledge to Alteryx to help scale its product organization, facilitate the development of cloud-based offerings and strengthen strategic technology partnerships.