Analytics

News, events, thought leadership and more.
michael_treadwell
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Why InterWorks Is Stoked about Inspire 2016At InterWorks we are all about the data journey. It starts at your foundation and ends at the peak: DataVision. Our goal is to empower your existing people to embrace the goals and methods of a data-driven organization. One of the ways we do this is through implementation of and training on the best tools in the business.

The “best tools” part is where Alteryx comes in. Alteryx is the self-service data analysis tool; it fits right in with our philosophy of DataVision at InterWorks. In fact, Alteryx has some vision of its own since it was recently positioned as “Visionary” in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics. Alteryx earned these honors by providing empowering business analysts with a code-free approach to data science, an area previously occupied by only statisticians.

New Features

Real data science now comes in a drag-and-drop format, and it is only getting better. In February of this year, Dr. Dan Putler and his team announced the release of the Predictive District in the Alteryx Analytics Gallery. This public district with contributions from Alteryx and others gives users tools for survival analysis, model comparison and more.

With Alteryx, you don’t have to always wait for the next major release to get new functionality because the community is adding brand new tools to the Gallery all of the time. Just recently, InterWorks and I published a new tool that will allow you to bring data from Import.io directly into your Alteryx workflow.

Big Announcements

If you are looking for some exciting news about the next release, then Alteryx Inspire is the place to be. For me, one of the most exciting announcements to come from Inspire 2015 was the complete revamp of the community. Community support is vital to establish and maintain a knowledgeable and loyal user base. Over the last year, Alteryx has done a great job making the community forums as much fun as they are valuable. You can ask questions, make product suggestions, read blogs and get free help from Alteryx experts.

The People!

I don’t know what the big news is going to be this year, but I can tell you that InterWorks has a lot planned. For starters, take a look at our Data Science Visualized page. We like to push every product to its limits. We’ve built a data science sandbox that seamlessly combines the predictive power of Alteryx and the visualization power of Tableau. If you are wondering how to leverage this for your business, we’d love to hear from you.

I am looking forward to seeing new and familiar faces at the conference. If you’ve seen me out in the community, then stop by and catch up. If you want to know more about InterWorks and see data the way we do, come and introduce yourself!

If you can’t make it to the conference, you can always head over to our website to get in touch or to stay up to date on all we’re doing with Alteryx, Tableau and more.